Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fourth time this happens.anyone else having issues ? first time studio examined and reset.second time they changed gas cap,third time replaced an intake vacuum hose.i haven't been in yet for the latest one.code is P0456.thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
not sure on what it is but please report back with what the studio finds, and possibly what code P0456 is

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Gas cap seal

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Usually this P0456 code is caused by an incorrect or faulty gas cap. Filling the fuel tank with the engine running could conceivable cause this code as well or if the cap wasn't properly tightened. Any of the following could also be the cause:
  • A small leak in any of the EVAP hoses or fuel tank hoses
  • A small leak in the purge valve or vent valve
  • The EVAP Canister may be leaking

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
My engine check light just came on again my car 7,400 miles. Scared me, at first. Second oil change, and tire rotation needed. Appointment tomorrow, at Fiat service, already set up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The check engine light is different than the Generic Warning triangle.
There shouldn't be any confusion between the two while you're driving.

One is a triangle with an exclamation mark in the center of it, while the other is the shape of an engine.

BC.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
The check engine light is different than the Generic Warning triangle.
There shouldn't be any confusion between the two while you're driving.

One is a triangle with an exclamation mark in the center of it, while the other is the shape of an engine.

BC.
You are sure right...........Still freak me out this morning!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fixed it again today .the studio did a smoke test and a pressure test in the system and found a needle sized hole in a return hose close to firewall.hope thats it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll just say, from the standpoint of someone who was a service advisor for 5 years. That is one of the most painful problems to have!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just got mine yesterday after turning the air con on. Coincidence? We'll find out today.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Update: new map sensor

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Update, less than one week, the CEL is back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Every time you take it back be sure that it is written up the same way each time. Don't let them word it differently or describe it as a different problem.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Every time you take it back be sure that it is written up the same way each time. Don't let them word it differently or describe it as a different problem.
Well, they have to pull the code first and then decide, but I will definitely have my input.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts