Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2015 500s with 30,000 miles. The check engine light turned about 5 months ago. Bought new upstream and downstream O2 sensors, ran the diagnostic, and the check engine light keeps coming up. Has anyone ever ran into this problem? O2 sensor parts were bought from AutoZone.

Would the computer need a hard reset at this point? Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the problem.

Which code? I had a P0165 (O2 sensor circuit slow) error. On mine, it turned out to be the actuator (brick), but could have been several engine problems. I've had probs with off brand O2 sensors in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry to hear about the problem.

Which code? I had a P0165 (O2 sensor circuit slow) error. On mine, it turned out to be the actuator (brick), but could have been several engine problems. I've had probs with off brand O2 sensors in the past.
Thanks for reaching out.

The code is P0141 (downstream sensor). We ran diagnostics with the mechanic this afternoon, everything checked out from the computer and upstream sensor. We bought a new Bosch o2 downstream sensor from Autozone. Funny you mention problems with after market o2 sensors because...... the o2 sensor in the package was not Bosch, it was #Denso.

So we’re in the process of ordering of another Bosch o2 sensor. Hopefully this works.. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Ah, I see. O2 sensor or O2 heating circuit problem. As I recall, that means the engine temp has come up, but the sensor hasn't started functioning yet. I don't know on the Fiat, but if your car seems sluggish when cold, it could be the engine coolant temp sensor (or was with my Caravan). The dealer said it was a freak to have it be that part.

FCA has a procedure for resetting the light, once the trouble is fixed, but most people find the light goes out after several driving cycles.

I am FAR from being expert on these cars... all this is just from reading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I see. O2 sensor or O2 heating circuit problem. As I recall, that means the engine temp has come up, but the sensor hasn't started functioning yet. I don't know on the Fiat, but if your car seems sluggish when cold, it could be the engine coolant temp sensor (or was with my Caravan). The dealer said it was a freak to have it be that part.

FCA has a procedure for resetting the light, once the trouble is fixed, but most people find the light goes out after several driving cycles.

I am FAR from being expert on these cars... all this is just from reading.
Good point about Coolant Temp Sensor. We’ll look into that as well, hopefully a new Bosch o2 sensor will do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts