Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are critical things I should check before making purchase?
Reading through some threads in this forum I came up with below list;
1. check for 2 keys
2. works Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 charging
3. armrest(s) crack?
4. orange charge sockets
5. AC/heater fcn

is there anything I should add to my checklist?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,751 Posts
Good list! My list is only your first 4!

Ok my #5 is "check normal gas car stuff" like ALL electrical items: every HVAC setting, interior/exterior lights, hi/lo, fog, DRLs, signals, hazards, brakelites, windows, locks, F/R wiper/washers, rear defog, seat heaters, horn, stereo, phone pair/voice-recognition/call in/out, usb(s), aux audio in, 12v outlet, temperature readout (hvac fails with temp sensor).

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,751 Posts
Good one! Like a cracked charge port, it's a fairly cheap & easy DIY, but still a pain in the butt that you could either try to avoid, or else use it to get a lower price. I'd even be tempted to bring a jack to lift each rear wheel & check for play.

The ONLY thing on this list that's not just like a gas car is charging (port, L1, L2, & OEM EVSE). & there's no concern about motor condition/maintenance/abuse, transmission/clutch, belts, or even brakes (since ours are SO lightly used).

Add to the original #1: Check that it STARTS with each key (transponder), when the other one is NOT in the car. If NOT, knock $300 off the price.

Add to light list: Reverse lights, license plate. Most bulb replacements are easy/cheap DIY, but still bargaining points.

Also, someone reported excess driveline play, clunking when transitioning from acceleration to deceleration.

That reminds me, try to check the rubber "boots" on the CV joints & front struts.

Nice to get the original tire service tool (compressor & expiring sealant), but there are better aftermarket options. It's just another bargaining point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of sound does it make with the bad wheel bearing?
is there supposed to be any pressure on the trunk for opening and closing? Or would it just slammed

For general idea, what would be the average price otd for 2017500e for around 10k mileag

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,751 Posts
Another great addition that also applies to the gas one.

Like many cars, the hatch will slam if you just pull it down & let it drop. I grab the outer handle to prevent that.

I believe the wheel bearing noise has been described as "rumbling". I recommend searching it on the gas 500 forum since it's the same & hopefully a helpful member has posted a "before" video for you to hear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts