Fiat 500 Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I just felt mine right after driving & it was not warm at all before plugging in. The fuseboxes were warmer!

I plugged into L1 & it started warming up. I have checked before on L2 & it gets quite hot, wasting a lot of energy, so using grid power output to estimate battery capacity is highly inaccurate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
People are put off by the lack of range and slow charging speed. Put a used Chevy Bolt at exactly the same price point, and no one would keep them in stock even though the two are approximately the same size.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that. The 2011 Leaf, for example, could only do L2 charging at 3.3kW and ChaDeMo wasn't a standard feature at that time. It was still a more popular vehicle than the 500e. Americans are weird about small cars. The Bolt is a different generation vehicle altogether, so it's not really apples to apples.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not sure I'd agree with that. The 2011 Leaf, for example, could only do L2 charging at 3.3kW and ChaDeMo wasn't a standard feature at that time. It was still a more popular vehicle than the 500e. Americans are weird about small cars. The Bolt is a different generation vehicle altogether, so it's not really apples to apples.
A 2011 or later Leaf was operating at a much lower price point than the 500e. And 2011 was like a millenia ago in terms of EV generations. The Leaf was novel and interesting back then. And well incentivized.

Americans are weird about small cars. But my point is that if a 500e had 200 miles of range, charged at 60-75 kW, and could be bought 3 years off lease for under $10K, there wouldn't be any on the market because they'd all be sold just as fast as they come online. So range and charging speed impacts the value and the sellability of the vehicle.

ga2500ev

81 - 83 of 83 Posts