Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 500 sport for just over 3 weeks now. It has 2100 miles so far, and today the blower motor for the AC/heater began to make a slight chirp at low speeds. I have the auto climate control. I was wondering if anyone had a link that shows how to a access the blower, and if it possible to maybe lube the bearing. I know the warranty would cover this, but the fiat dealer is over an hour away from my house, and I'm just weird about anyone touching my car. I used to work at a couple dealers, and Ive seen the lack of respect most mechanics and lot attendants have for customer cars. :confused:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I've had my 500 sport for just over 3 weeks now. It has 2100 miles so far, and today the blower motor for the AC/heater began to make a slight chirp at low speeds. I have the auto climate control. I was wondering if anyone had a link that shows how to a access the blower, and if it possible to maybe lube the bearing. I know the warranty would cover this, but the fiat dealer is over an hour away from my house, and I'm just weird about anyone touching my car. I used to work at a couple dealers, and Ive seen the lack of respect most mechanics and lot attendants have for customer cars. :confused:
My wife reported this issue today, guess it's a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have the same problem. Anything slower than half speed and its noisy as ****. I plan on having it attended to at my first oil change - but at this rate that wont be until April.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have auto climate and been using it sense October without issue. Both AC from my trip to Florida and at home in New England. Works great keeps me warm. Love not having to play with nobs all the time :)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I have auto climate and been using it sense October without issue. Both AC from my trip to Florida and at home in New England. Works great keeps me warm. Love not having to play with nobs all the time :)
Me TOO!:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Noticed last week. Coming to find out its the fan/blower running on the #1 setting. Any other fan speed no sound.
Same problem, ambient temperature doesn't seem to matter and the temperature setting doesn't seem to matter, and it's only on #1. Had the dealer look at it and they couldn't replicate the problem, so no fix. Yet. Calling them tomorrow about it again, and road noise I'm experiencing.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Same problem, ambient temperature doesn't seem to matter and the temperature setting doesn't seem to matter, and it's only on #1. Had the dealer look at it and they couldn't replicate the problem, so no fix. Yet. Calling them tomorrow about it again, and road noise I'm experiencing.
3DSteve: Sorry to hear of these issues.. duplication is key when verifying a repair. Keep an ear to it, if it gets worse, send me a PM..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Happening in my march/11 build, took it to the studio and they now have a blower motor on order.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The chirp finally happened in front of a tech this morning, it picks up while moving at about 20+mph. The wheel bearing that needs replacement had to be ordered, so they've got the car overnight. I'll ask them about the fix for the blower when I get there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a chirp or ringing squeak on my 500 as well. It started two weeks ago. I hear it whether the automatic climate control is on or off. What is this issue with the wheel bearings? Thanks.

Ciao,
John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's the bearing in the blower motor for the ac/heater. I took my car to the dealer, but they said since all the fiats are doing that, the ones they had on their lot, they wouldn't be able to fix it. I just took the motor out and oiled it myself. It helped some, but it still squeaks a little. I'm so used to it now it doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's the bearing in the blower motor for the ac/heater. I took my car to the dealer, but they said since all the fiats are doing that, the ones they had on their lot, they wouldn't be able to fix it. I just took the motor out and oiled it myself. It helped some, but it still squeaks a little. I'm so used to it now it doesn't bother me anymore.
That is truly outrageous that they wouldn't fix it! Who's your dealer? I hope it's not Orange Coast Fiat.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My car had this issue when new. It completely went away before my first oil change at 4K.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.