Fiat 500 Forum banner

Chrome Gas Cap Issue

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  panther76 
#1 ·
just a few months ago I purchased the Fiat Accessory Chrome Gas Cap. great looking accessory.

but yesterday, when I stopped for gas, I noticed that sometime in the past week that the black decal with the "500" on it CAME OFF! ???? can't believe someone tried to pry it off but I can't believe it just fell off either. anyone else have this issue?

I know the part has a warranty on it, but I'm thinking of not doing anything about it. underneath where the black decal was is all chrome with "500" pressed into it. I'm going to clean it up this weekend and if it turns out like I think it might, I may just leave it all chrome.

anyway, just thought you guys might want to keep an eye on your gas caps to see if the black decal becomes loose.

#7 ·
I agree, BUT someone else on the forums had the same thing happen to them. Apparently resistance to exposure to the elements is not this piece's strong suit. I say that because I have had mine for 6 months, but my car is garaged and not driven often...like on the road maybe 2 days in two weeks. My little black decal is still there.

#6 ·
I just left it Chrome. took some old chrome polish I had laying around in the garage and cleaned it up. sorry, no pics. the memory card in my camera crapped out on me and I've not gotten around to getting a new one. maybe this weekend? :)

#9 ·
based on the cost of this thing, im sure its pure gold underneath. they were just trying to steal your gold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.