Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the chrome OEM gas cap on their 500's yet? I'm trying to figure out how the old lid comes off. Do you have to go though the wheel well liner, to unbolt the old one? The chrome one looks like it held on with the four existing screws around the filler hole.:confused:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
'smark', I pulled up the instructions and you have to remove the right rear wheel, the right rear splash shield/liner to access 4 (?) nuts. remove the 4 nuts and the gas door comes off.

removing the plastic shield might not be a big deal, I just didn't want to deal with it. I told my wife it would be a nice Christmas Gift.....:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
You have to remove the rt rear wheel... then remove the plastic fender liner then you gain access to the bolts to remove the stock door.

At the Fiat Studio today inquiring about the cost of the chrome fuel filler door which, by the way is a heafty $209.00 plus tax, and was told the installation time is 0.4. With a labor cost of $88.00 per hour, that amounts to $35.20. Seems like money well spent to me.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'smark', I pulled up the instructions and you have to remove the right rear wheel, the right rear splash shield/liner to access 4 (?) nuts. remove the 4 nuts and the gas door comes off.

removing the plastic shield might not be a big deal, I just didn't want to deal with it. I told my wife it would be a nice Christmas Gift.....:D
I want it for xmas too. If I'm good do you think someone will buy it for me.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.