Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao fellow forum members. Great to be part of the group. I am really looking forward to getting mine. #316. Rosso. While in Italy I have rented a cinquecento a number of times and I love it. My plan is after driving it here for a few years I may ship it to Italy. Regards, Salvatore:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ciao Ragazzo,

Hi Salvatore, and thanks for joining. I've rented a 500 twice in Italy, and I agree; it is a wonderful car. I'm very pleased that they will be available in NA.

I checked the location of Arpino in Italy. My dads parents are from Vinchiaturo, not too far away, in Molise. Plus you'll see from my name that I'm a bit of a fan of Italy too.

Do I understand that you have ordered a 500 in Texas? If so, can you give us any details, or tell us about the dealer experience?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Ciao Salvatore....welcome to the forum. :D

Do I understand that you have ordered a 500 in Texas? If so, can you give us any details, or tell us about the dealer experience?

if I may......dealerships here in the U.S. have not been chosen just yet. we should know where and who next month.

as for his 'order', I'm sure he's talking about the reserving of a "Prima Edizione", a limited edition (hence the name) of only 500.

on the U.S. Fiat site, http://www.fiatusa.com/, you could put a $500 deposit on this model. they went very quickly but you can put your name on a 'waiting list' if you like.

hope that clears things up a bit. do you have any idea when our friends north of the border are to have their dealers announced?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Navy48,

Yes it does, thanks. Actually, I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't realize this myself. Oh, well; giddy enthusiasm, I suppose.

Nothing that I've seen or heard here, except one tepid email encouraging me to keep looking forward to various announcements, etc.

Another member said that there had been a Fiat event here in Vancouver, but I saw and heard nothing about it. There are lots of smart cars (M-Benz in the US), and mini's here, so there will certainly be a Fiat dealer in Vancouver.

I'm still surprised at the lack of promotion; I certainly expected to see something by now if they are planning to open dealerships in January.

Oh, well. At least I've driven two of them, so I know what I'm missing.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
There are lots of smart cars (M-Benz in the US), and mini's here, so there will certainly be a Fiat dealer in Vancouver.

I understand your enthusiasm.......we've got it TOO here in the U.S. I'm an ex-smart car owner and I gave it up because of the poor attitude from the local smart center. with it being the only one within 100 miles of me, I had no choice but to take it to them for warranty work. I did my own service on it but in the end, I just felt it was rediculous to charge $200 for a 10K mile service and $300 (or more in some areas) for a 20K mile service on a car that only costs, on average, $15K. there are limited accessories as well. the '500' from what I understand does NOT lack accessories.

next month should be interesting here in the U.S., as Fiat announces who will be granted Fiat franchises. WOO HOO!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to all the new members,
Can anyone tell me who has owned a 1959 Fiat 500 USA Version the longest? I've owned mine for right at 40 years. I'm in the process of rebuilding it now and would like to know if someone knows the Paint code or formula for the "Prima Edizione" Red (Rosso?) (with moonroof) #410 that I have reserved so I can paint my 59 Fiat to match. Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Color codes

Welcome to all the new members,
Can anyone tell me who has owned a 1959 Fiat 500 USA Version the longest? I've owned mine for right at 40 years. I'm in the process of rebuilding it now and would like to know if someone knows the Paint code or formula for the "Prima Edizione" Red (Rosso?) (with moonroof) #410 that I have reserved so I can paint my 59 Fiat to match. Thanks, Phil
Don't know the exact color codes for US cars, but here are the red/white/grey ones from Europe.

111 Pasodoble Red = Garanza Rot = Rosso sfrontato = Rosso Officina
164 Ragamuffin Red = Rosso Don Giovanni (Tristrato)

268 Bossa Nova White = Bianco Bianco = Bianco Gara
270 Funk White = Bianco Gioioso (perlato) = Bianco Iridato = Bianco Perlato Tristato

602 Breakbeat Grey = Grigio Perbene
703 Punk Grey = Grigio Galante

Note: these are the latest I have on hand, there may be updated colors I haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ciao Navy48 and Umbrianissimo, Umbrianissimo your roots are very close to my home in Arpino. Less than an hour even with back roads I would think. Do you ever visit? It would be very cool to meet there some time. Navy48 thanks for responding to my fellow country men. And thanks for the welcome to all. I travel a lot and have not been on line for a week. Actually heading to Arpino on the 8th for a few days and then to Paris. Hoping Avis will give me a 500 or a Mito while there. I am also very surprised on how little promotion we are receiving. It makes me think that the release maybe later than we were led to believe. Italians march to their own drummer and their processes can be very bureaucratic. After all we been hearing about this since at least early 2009.
Ci vediamo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts