Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their cigaretter lighter jack?
Mine died & I wondered if a generic two wire replacement would suffice.
What is involved in the R/R?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've never heard of a cigarette lighter jack dying. Did you check the fuse? The entire tunnel console can be easily removed and the access to the 12 volt outlet is on that piece. It's a standard outlet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my outlet fail using the onboard tire pressure unit. No list of what's what in the fusebox located under the hood.
Came on this site and found it. Thanks Fiat Cares guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The lamp in my outlet failed, probably draining much more current than usual.

The result was that with lights off the outlet was working fine, with lights on the usb charger was not receiving enough current. Probably the lamp was causing an issue with the negative (how do you call it in America? Ground? We call "massa" in Italian....).
I simply switched the front outlet with the back outlet located in the trunk of my 500L....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
Can someone tell me how to change a fiat 500 lighter socket. It's not the fuse.
Your going to have to pull apart the cup holder console. If it’s not a fuse. Most likely a wire come loose. Have you taken a volt meter to the slot, to see if there’s any power Leading to it. I’d try that first.

·
Registered
857 Posts
(y) Yep, test voltage at the lighter, but may have to tear it apart to test???

As I recall, there's a bolt or screw in the rear cup holder (beneath the cup holder bottom). That section snaps out and you slide the e-brake boot off. Then there's a couple bolts holding the front console down at the rear. (Sorry, tried to find the vid, but couldn't locate it.) I remember one owner recommending lining the shift pillar with tape to keep it from getting scratched during reassembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts