Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blue Bella got her clear bra today - 3M, professional install, custom, full wrap. Picked her up this evening so pics are a couple days away but she looked nice at inspection. Went with the same outfit that did our RX-8 earlier this year.

CO believes in gravelling the roads for the winter. They call it sanding but unless one thinks of pebbles to actual chunks of rock as "sand", their description is way off. After witnessing my PT Cruiser's front side getting just pummelled over the years, I decided to bite the bullet and get the Fiat done in the hopes of cutting down on some of the damage.

I'll try and get some pics up here later this week/weekend for the curious.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics - hope I didn't go too small on the uploads, didn't want to be obnoxious. And there is a lot of reflection - this car is like a mirror, lol. You have to get just the right angle to see the line of the bra, at a general glance it's hard to see and no discernible difference in car shine (to my naked eye anyways).

Having said that, I am going to take her back as there is a slight peel on one edge of one of the side mirrors and a couple tiny ripples on the drivers side curve a little back from the headlight (couldn't get it to pick up with the camera even in macro mode but I know they are there). I know they can fix the mirror, not sure about those wee side marks as they did it in one sheet vs pieces so I would not have any seams.

Pics:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$660 total. It IS a clean look but taking her back next week to redo as there are a few spots that aren't so clean. The shop that is doing it has been thoroughly gracious and super apologetic and anxious to redo and get it right. I have no hard feelings, this was their first Fiat. Our RX-8 is flawless so I know they do good work, just think they need a second go-round with her. Five year warranty - longer than the car's B2B. ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
$660 total. It IS a clean look but taking her back next week to redo as there are a few spots that aren't so clean. The shop that is doing it has been thoroughly gracious and super apologetic and anxious to redo and get it right. I have no hard feelings, this was their first Fiat. Our RX-8 is flawless so I know they do good work, just think they need a second go-round with her. Five year warranty - longer than the car's B2B. ;)
How did your redo go?

·
Registered
393 Posts
RX-8! :cool::D Please post pic's

Car is in the shop right now.
Should find out in a day or two.

BC.
Any luck yet? Clear bra's are always win!
On my old car I didn't have a clear bra, went for a road trip and it was a rock chip and bug galore on my front bumper.

I consider things like this "insurance for your car"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got Blue Bella back from the re-wrap...absolutely beautiful. Been an intense week work-wise so haven't been able to get out for more pics - will try this coming weekend. But you won't be able to see anything - they did a marvelous job. Very happy. :D

And, lol, RX-8 pics on the other 'puter...will get some of those posted later too. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Months later...finally some pics of the rewrap!:eek: 2nd time around was the charm. Even the lights have wrap though it's nearly impossible to see, even in person. Rewrap was done in October, I took these photos a few days ago - it's just holding up beautifully. From now on, every new car I buy will get a clear bra, so worth the investment.

Two Beauties at twilight:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ugh! I am SO GREEN with envy! I do not even know what a clear bra is, but it looks fantastic! And the RX-8 (I only know it from the X-Men movie, I think) is very beautiful, too. Nice shots.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Pics - hope I didn't go too small on the uploads, didn't want to be obnoxious. And there is a lot of reflection - this car is like a mirror, lol. You have to get just the right angle to see the line of the bra, at a general glance it's hard to see and no discernible difference in car shine (to my naked eye anyways).

Having said that, I am going to take her back as there is a slight peel on one edge of one of the side mirrors and a couple tiny ripples on the drivers side curve a little back from the headlight (couldn't get it to pick up with the camera even in macro mode but I know they are there). I know they can fix the mirror, not sure about those wee side marks as they did it in one sheet vs pieces so I would not have any seams.

Pics:

Such a great color too

·
Registered
317 Posts
I live in salt-hampshire with plenty of gravel sanded roads... BEST purchase I had ever made. Recommend it to anyone and the 5 year warrenty is the best.

Just as a side note they make a special cleaner for the film. It keeps it clear and shiny and I HIGHLY recommend it if your in a highly salted area.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I live in salt-hampshire with plenty of gravel sanded roads... BEST purchase I had ever made. Recommend it to anyone and the 5 year warrenty is the best.

Just as a side note they make a special cleaner for the film. It keeps it clear and shiny and I HIGHLY recommend it if your in a highly salted area.
what's the special cleaner? Mine needs a cleaning soon.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Our MINI has had it since new back in 2006. During that time, not one chip or ding. Only parts covered are the front parts of the car/mirrors, not all over the car. I'll have it done to my Abarth 30 days after I finally get it. Originally, they said to wait a month for the paint to cure. Haven't had any problems.

Highly recommended.

Cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is the hood wrapped too?
Yes but not fully, the wrap continues up the hood about 2/3rds and around onto the side panels. It is so clean that it's remarkably hard to see, let alone get a picture of with our freebie cameras! So, it's the entire front of the car, front and fog lights (although that isn't always done - depends on your installer), back of mirrors and a strip underneath the door pulls.

Peipster said:
Ugh! I am SO GREEN with envy! I do not even know what a clear bra is, but it looks fantastic! And the RX-8 (I only know it from the X-Men movie, I think) is very beautiful, too. Nice shots.
No need for envy with your Rosso beauty but thank you! :) A clear bra protects the car from road debris and I highly recommend it, if it fits in the budget.

msjulie said:
Such a great color too
Thank you! I went back and forth between the Azzurro and the Rosso Brilliante...Bladecutter was even cleaning off cars for me at a dealer's lot on a Sunday,to compare, lol. I am so happy with the color, she shines like a jewel in the sun. I still sneak peeks at her out the window at work during the day and Wednesday I caught some of our maintenance guys checking her out, lol. Walking 'round and 'round and peering in the windows, I took it as a compliment. :)

Although, I have to admit, every time I see the other colors (except the pastels which just aren't to my personal taste) I can't help but admire them all. No offense to the pastel owners! My PT Cruiser is Taupe which some folks really can't stand but I find beautiful - to each their own. So nice that Fiat graced us with such a delightful rainbow to choose from!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I also very, very much admire all the other colors. One of my coworkers told me she saw a FIAT in the light green color (verde chiaro) and she did not like it. To each her own, for sure. While the pastel colors are (also) not my utmost favorite, they remind me of the Vespas and look so quintessentially Italian and therefore LOOK GREAT!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts