Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing special here but I decided this morning to put clear bra on the rear hatch on the bottom and also on the dash right at the ignition, rain started so that was as far as I got but plan is to also add to the protection around the door handles as well. I didn't do window tint but I also had the sunroof and front glass tinted as well as the rear window, oddly the dealer tinted the sides and that's it for some reason...anyways, good bit of affordable clear bra on ebay for those interested in doing similar. Hopefully I can post a pic or two but I don't really know how well something said to be an "invisible bra" might show up on camera.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
a co-worker suggested I do the 'clear bra' stuff on the front fascia, to protect it from bugs and rocks. sounds good but I want to see what it looks like first. I don't want to mess up the way it looks now......naked! :D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Every car I've seen with a 3M clear bra looks exactly like a car without a 3M clear bra. And that's good.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top to bottom...

As you can see the bottom came out poorly on the door cup area, I also found out I suck at clear bra application on surfaces which are not flat or nearly flat.

Top came out fine although I probably could have been a bit neater on my cutting.

Ignition area came out nicely and should do exactly as I intended in the event I did for some reason bump it over time, I do have a rather large ring on my right hand so this is a nice "just in case".

Rear area although I try not to touch it I wished to cover and only a tiny thin line is visible so that came out nicely.

Last one is just a bit of a close-up which better shows the outline.

I know this is not impressive or even terribly well done, I may find someone that does tint or clearbra installs at some point and have it done better but for just about $12 bucks and a little time with a good amount left over I can't say I am terribly unhappy.
I did choose not to do the passenger side though as it is rarely used, if I seek a pro I will have that side done as well. Apologies to all I have bored here today. ;-)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Every Vehicle I have owned since 2007 I have always installed the the 3m clear. I don't care how it look as long it installed correctly. I have a guy in MA does them for $600. I usually get all the areas that are prone in wear and damage. Well worth every penny especially up here in New England.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts