Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Then you could go find a round toothpick, pop off the humidity sensor cover, jam the toothpick in the socket, yank out the purple plug & pop the cover back on, as shown here:
Humidity Sensor SUCKS! (until you unplug it)

The other tricks require a Crescent wrench, although pliers will work in a pinch, so first let us know how it goes with the above process, & also as ga2500ev asked, does it charge when plugged into the OEM cord?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't want to wait the full 3 minutes you have to watch for the speedometer screen to go fully black, not just really dark grey. Then it's "asleep" so you can turn on/off again until it goes black again...

While you're doing that, you can go online & check for recalls by entering your vin here:
Lookup FCA Vehicle Recalls by VIN | Official Mopar® Site

Then if you're still doing key cycles because it hasn't worked yet, you can go online & order an OBD dongle from the link in post #17 above from ga2500ev.
I used the eom charge cord and i have the faulty codes lights on the dashboard. I would like to use the key on/off. Would you be able to guide me more precisely on that process? I’m back home Friday and can do it with more detailed guidance, perhaps a video conference would help. There is no recall for my car. Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the charging detail. That makes me wonder if the contactors even "clunk" on to connect the HV drive battery when you open the left door, or when you plug in.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
There should be a pretty distinctive "clunk" or "thunk" from somewhere around the rear seat bottom.

If you don't hear that when you open the left door, & then again if you wait with it open for about 30 seconds, then your contactors aren't connecting the HV battery, so the car will not start or charge.

The contactors are powered by the 12V battery, so the first thing NOW might be to make 100% certain that there is at least 11.7 volts at the terminals while it's "asleep" (5 minutes resting with key out & all 3 doors closed).

·
Registered
7 Posts
There should be a pretty distinctive "clunk" or "thunk" from somewhere around the rear seat bottom.

If you don't hear that when you open the left door, & then again if you wait with it open for about 30 seconds, then your contactors aren't connecting the HV battery, so the car will not start or charge.

The contactors are powered by the 12V battery, so the first thing NOW might be to make 100% certain that there is at least 11.7 volts at the terminals while it's "asleep" (5 minutes resting with key out & all 3 doors closed).
I sent my car to a local Fiat dealer for a checked-up. They tell me that the hybrid battery, which is the 24 kWh battery is dead and needs to be replaced. What do you think?
Recipe Font Menu Office supplies Paper

21 - 27 of 27 Posts