Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been bugging me for a little while... I noticed that there are two types of set-ups for the temperature, fan, and directions on the dash. Are the buttons an option? My car just has the turn dials as shown below... and below that is what i'm seeing in many pictures. What's the difference?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This has been bugging me for a little while... I noticed that there are two types of set-ups for the temperature, fan, and directions on the dash. Are the buttons an option? My car just has the turn dials as shown below... and below that is what i'm seeing in many pictures. What's the difference?

The controls shown here are for the automatic climate control. If you have a Pop, this type of system is not available. You only have the manual control knobs and buttons to control the heat and a/c in a Pop model.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Don't like the buttons and rotary dials. They feel cheap to me. Love the climate control, in my car.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Not a crack or insult or put down by any means just a personal preference, hope it didn't come across like I was intentionally being a jerk because I wasn't.
I didnt think you intentionally meant any harm. but if it was my car I wouldn't wanna hear that someone thinks it looks cheap. I prefer the electronic as well but I wouldn't let it get me down if I didn't.

I wasn't going to pay the extra for mine but the dealer couldn't locate a car with my specs so they offered one with XM and the electronic temps at no additional charge. :)

Fiat 500 Argento Sport

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I didnt think you intentionally meant any harm. but if it was my car I wouldn't wanna hear that someone thinks it looks cheap. I prefer the electronic as well but I wouldn't let it get me down if I didn't. I wasn't going to pay the extra for mine but the dealer couldn't locate a car with my specs so they offered one with XM and the electronic temps at no additional charge. :) Fiat 500 Argento Sport
Thanks, I felt a bit bad when I saw his reply thinking I came across poorly and possibly intentionally harsh, I just tried one with knobs and it felt bad, I wish it didn't but it just didn't offer as solid a feel as I would have expected and with the auto climate I just push buttons, no knobs which is great, oddly enough though I wish the volume on the radio was a knob and not a push button...lol, crazy huh?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks, I felt a bit bad when I saw his reply thinking I came across poorly and possibly intentionally harsh, I just tried one with knobs and it felt bad, I wish it didn't but it just didn't offer as solid a feel as I would have expected and with the auto climate I just push buttons, no knobs which is great, oddly enough though I wish the volume on the radio was a knob and not a push button...lol, crazy huh?
I'm ordering my Abarth with the Climate control because it is the only way I can get Sirius. Otherwise, I would actually prefer the knobs. We bought a 1st gen MINI with auto climate and it blows..or actually doesn't. It is worse than useless. There is a lot to be said for just twisting a knob....

Also, I'd prefer prefer knobs for the radio. A rotary motion is more natural to me than searching for and pushing up, or down on a button after you find it.

YMMV
Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
We got the auto air in our sport and it is actually pretty decent.. I didn't personally like the knobs because in the light it was pretty hard to tell if the air was on or off in initially. I am not really sure yet if it is decent at maintaining temp but it gets cool and seems to work fine.

Brion

·
Registered
582 Posts
Besides the fact that I like the cleaner look of the climate control I love that you can set it and forget it. I've always had rotary dials prior to the 500 and there was constant figiting with the dials to try and find a good balance and there never was. For the winter here I set my temp to 24 degrees and when the car is warm enough to distribute heat it does so automatically, also it maintains temperature so I don't have to figit with it. Well worth the $150 option price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts