Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my eibach pro kit installed about 2 weeks ago or so, and since then when im driving slowly and i hit a small dip or bump, I get some clunking in the front end. It sounds exactly like my Svt focus that had broken end links, so I check to see if they are tight and both sides seem fine ( and ive never seen a car with broken end links at only 6000 KM). Is there anything else I should check? has anyone else who lowered their 500 have the same problem?
Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine's OK so far. I did my own install. I don't have a lot of miles on this yet though, so something could still develop.

-My best guess is the upper bolt on strut towers may be the culprit-loosened after some miles. Have them checked for tightness.
-Possibly the plastic material covering the ends of a spring got pulled back on install and there is some metal to metal contact.
-During my install, I first made the mistake of putting the washer on the outside of the strut top hat rather than the inside. This would cause the tophat not to seat correctly to the mount on the body but I think that would have been noticed by you right away.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm thinking it might be the rubber spring cap not being seated 100% and now you have spring/perch contact on bumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts