Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2012 FIAT 500 sport from the FIAT dealer where they completed the clutch recall. The clutch pedal seems to be looser - i.e. I need to press it down further before there is any resistance so that it's less responsive. Has anyone else had this problem, or do they just need to tighten it? (I didn't have any clutch problems before having this done and, since most of my driving is local, I shift a lot.)

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes, the clutch pedal feel is different, with a lighter spring force, and with the release point closer to the bottom of travel. It was very weird at first, but now that I'm used to it I actually like it better. Your mileage may vary.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
My dealer, er Studio, says they have four of the six parts they need to do the repair and will start scheduling people for February!

tEdolph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I liked it the way it was because it seemed more responsive, sportier. Perhaps I can get used to it. Is your mileage worse because of it? I was getting about 30 mpg locally with almost entirely local driving, and lots of shifting, including downshifting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem with getting the parts in Connecticut, and we were able to schedule the fix in days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is scheduled for April 24th. Can Anyone confirm the number of parts they are to replace? My studio new to San Antonio says it is a "clutch pedal assembly"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I spoke to My lawyer and He said go through the process. I called the NHTSA and filed a complaint. Here is the key to this that has Me concerned "The recall is limited to models equipped with manual transmissions. FCA reports that those vehicles may experience excessive clutch travel. Over time, that can damage the 500's transmission, limiting a driver's ability to change gears." Ok, I'm 51 and I have been working on cars since I was 7. Why are any of the owners being charged for clutch replacements? The included statement spells it out clearly... Also, the limited amount of parts worldwide does not help solve the issue. Anyone having clutch issues needs to call the NHTSA Hotline 1-888-327-4236. Be sure to stress that parts are limited for the recall. Also, if like Me Your clutch is or has been failing to include grinding of gears due to having to double clutch to get it into gear Please state that to the person taking Your report.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts