1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mopar states 7 HP increase with no other mods, Some other reviews state the gains are very noticeable in the mid-range RPM's
I have one of these and I'm really happy with it. The gain is indeed noticeable and the sound is great. Not loud but definatly more sexy than stock. At normal highway speeds you hardly notice it. Well made with nice clean bends,great fit, and very nice paint.This works really well with a RRM timing controller. Some people question if this CAI will suck in water due to the pickup point being lower than some other units. It rains a bunch up here in Seattle and I've never had any problem with mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed mine today - big snafu is that the bolt in step I where you're supposed to attach the nut for the lower attachment is stripped clean off the end, as are the other 3 bolts on that bumper support. I don't know if it's a new design by Fiat, or just poor workmanship on mine. Bottom line is I couldn't bolt down the lower part, so I rested the eyelet around the bolt, and used a ziptie to make it reasonably tight. Should hold until I can get the dealer to look at it. Need to either replace that bolt, or epoxy the CAI to it.

This stuff always seems to happen to me, can't it just go smoothly for once!?! Off to the speakers next...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm looking to get one myself, whats the diameter of the pipe? Does it require opening up a hole or anything in the engine bay or straight plug and play?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Benny - does this air intake kit work on a 2014 Fiat 500 Turbo? Or is there still nothing for that?
I'd be curious to know this too. Off the top of my head I would guess that if it doesn't work with the Abarth it won't work with the T either.

·
Vendor
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Benny - does this air intake kit work on a 2014 Fiat 500 Turbo? Or is there still nothing for that?
I'd be curious to know this too. Off the top of my head I would guess that if it doesn't work with the Abarth it won't work with the T either.

The Mopar cold air intake is only available for Non-Turbo applications at this time.

Sorry,
-Benny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts