Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just painted the caps to match the red interior... what'ya think?
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Fiat 500 Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

Reactions: Col Pudgebutt

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interesting on the wheels... I was going to try satin black for the outer ring and leave the centers red for kind of a hubcap look, but thats quite nice too!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice contrast. What kind of spray paint did you use and did you prime the surface first?
To prep the hubcaps, I washed them thoroughly and then scuffed them to a dull finish with a scotch brite sponge.
Then I used a one step rustoleum paint designed for a one coat application.
The color is Colonial Red Satin Finish, a very close match to the russo interior.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like it! :)

I like the suggested variations too.

I had a Subaru Brat many years back and painted my actual rims red. The Brat was silver with red graphics and I liked the look of the red rims (plus I was low on fundage so new wheels were out of the question). I used Rustoleum as well but no idea of the color - would be funny if it was the same.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think they look pretty good, but a flat black on the inside permiter [like the suggested pic] would nail it perfectly.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will keep the set like this as-is until I upgrade the wheels/tires. I have a set of 16x7 rota circuit 8's that I plan on installing (with hub rings and wobble bolts)
I will be painting the centers of the wheels the same red color and adding a scorpion or fiat center emblem...

wheel:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
the rosso caps makes the whole car look that much 'retro'. VERY nice! makes me want to pick up a set of Pop wheels/covers and paint them verde chiaro! :D

but then theres the whole expense of getting another set of tires......but for that look, it might be worth it! there's a much better selection of tires for the 15's than the 16's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts