Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'll be the first to post in here. Come on in, the water is fine. Where is everyone from?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
233 Posts
Who knew that Canadians had their own forum? What's the value in that? I guess I could tell you guys that here in Toronto there's this amazing 500 themed restaurant on King st. (and bathurst) called Cinquecento Cafe (although an unfortunate name change is coming to Angelo's on King). The interior with all the pictures of old 500's, and model cars will remain. More importantly, it's quickly become my favorite Italian restaurant in the city. He actually drives a red Prima that he bought from my dealer, who told me about the place.

Beyond that, I just find it amazing how much better the cars appear to be doing here than in the states. They seem to be everywhere in Toronto. I have at least 2 cars within a couple of blocks of me.

Lorvar-> Nice taste in cars, I also have a 2012 500c and a 1996 A4 2.0 Quattro that I bought long before the 1.8 was even an option. The A4 will now be my winter car for as long as it lasts / feels safe, and I'll put away the 500.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The place smells like poutine and beaver tails.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who knew that Canadians had their own forum? What's the value in that? I guess I could tell you guys that here in Toronto there's this amazing 500 themed restaurant on King st. (and bathurst) called Cinquecento Cafe (although an unfortunate name change is coming to Angelo's on King). The interior with all the pictures of old 500's, and model cars will remain. More importantly, it's quickly become my favorite Italian restaurant in the city. He actually drives a red Prima that he bought from my dealer, who told me about the place.

Beyond that, I just find it amazing how much better the cars appear to be doing here than in the states. They seem to be everywhere in Toronto. I have at least 2 cars within a couple of blocks of me.

Lorvar-> Nice taste in cars, I also have a 2012 500c and a 1996 A4 2.0 Quattro that I bought long before the 1.8 was even an option. The A4 will now be my winter car for as long as it lasts / feels safe, and I'll put away the 500.
Hey, welcome aboard. Thanks for the info. I took a trip up to Vaughan on the weekend, tons up there. What else would you expect,lol. We'll drive the 500C during the winter for sure, wheels and rims on order already. I might be selling my Lounge wheels and tires, so if you know anyone, heads up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Montreal

I got my 500 Lounge in Rosso on July 20, after downsizing from a Range Rover Don't miss the Rover for a second, especially the gas fill ups. Just got 4 Hakkapeliita 5 tires with studs Hope this carries me well through Montreal winter! Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my 500 Lounge in Rosso on July 20, after downsizing from a Range Rover Don't miss the Rover for a second, especially the gas fill ups. Just got 4 Hakkapeliita 5 tires with studs Hope this carries me well through Montreal winter! Time will tell.
Congrats! Yes, I have relatives in Montreal and driving is not pretty in the winter.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally seeing more Fiats these past two days zipping around in the city. I counted six in total. I laughed when I saw one of our clients pull up in a black one yesterday. It was one of those "LOOK, LOOK!!" moments. We're like children with these cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bought my Fiat 500's (bought 2) in Halifax at Steele Chrysler. Traded a couple of VW's.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bought my Fiat 500's (bought 2) in Halifax at Steele Chrysler. Traded a couple of VW's.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Congrats! I would like to get another one down the road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Atlanta, where it's just barely warm enough to open the top today.

Got our Gray 500c Lounge just this week. Traded in one of our Saabs- was actually sort of an impulse buy, we had admired a couple on the road but stopped at the dealer on a whim. Had to open the roof and lay down the back seats to put in all the stuff I was hauling in the back of the 9-5 for the ride home. Fortunately didn't scratch anything up lifting the air compressor in and out.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Atlanta, where it's just barely warm enough to open the top today.

Got our Gray 500c Lounge just this week. Traded in one of our Saabs- was actually sort of an impulse buy, we had admired a couple on the road but stopped at the dealer on a whim. Had to open the roof and lay down the back seats to put in all the stuff I was hauling in the back of the 9-5 for the ride home. Fortunately didn't scratch anything up lifting the air compressor in and out.
It's about 40F here, top is down, heated seats and all is fine. Unless there is snow falling, the top will come down.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I didn't even realize there was regional forums, I usually don't scroll the page just go to general and performance. We've seen a few more 500's lately but overall not that many, I expected to see a lot more and I've been driving to Vaughan a lot lately. Now that my wife has her own 500 she's been noticing them also and usually she doesn't pay attention to those kinds of things. We turned out of our street a couple of days ago and she says "Hey there's a 500....AND ANOTHER ONE!!". It was odd to see two here in Bolton other than our own.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't even realize there was regional forums, I usually don't scroll the page just go to general and performance. We've seen a few more 500's lately but overall not that many, I expected to see a lot more and I've been driving to Vaughan a lot lately. Now that my wife has her own 500 she's been noticing them also and usually she doesn't pay attention to those kinds of things. We turned out of our street a couple of days ago and she says "Hey there's a 500....AND ANOTHER ONE!!". It was odd to see two here in Bolton other than our own.
I head up to Vaughan every two weeks and see more each time. I used to live in Bolton 5 years ago during the housing boom.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Living in Hamilton, Ontario.

Grigio Sport... Eibach Pro Kit, DNX Full Flow Exhaust (Axel Back and resonator has been cut out) RRM Corsa Intake, Flat black custom esseesse stripe kit, flat black side mirrors, tinted windows, tinted taillights/ reflectors/ side markers, all the chrome (fiat emblems, door handles etc) have been painted flat black also the chrome in the headlights has been painted in flat black. Installed a super bright white HID kit and replaced my stock fog lights with bright red LED's. I have also replaced the stock fiat steering wheel with a 320mm MOMO wheel, back seats have been removed and it there place is a custom sub box with 1 12" energy sub, 2 6x9 energy speakers and an Alpine 4 channel amp. ... LOOKS KILLER... i pretty sure thats all ive done so far :) Will post up so new pics when the car is in the garage for the winter...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

Grigio Sport... Eibach Pro Kit, DNX Full Flow Exhaust (Axel Back and resonator has been cut out) RRM Corsa Intake, Flat black custom esseesse stripe kit, flat black side mirrors, tinted windows, tinted taillights/ reflectors/ side markers, all the chrome (fiat emblems, door handles etc) have been painted flat black also the chrome in the headlights has been painted in flat black. Installed a super bright white HID kit and replaced my stock fog lights with bright red LED's. I have also replaced the stock fiat steering wheel with a 320mm MOMO wheel, back seats have been removed and it there place is a custom sub box with 1 12" energy sub, 2 6x9 energy speakers and an Alpine 4 channel amp. ... LOOKS KILLER... i pretty sure thats all ive done so far :) Will post up so new pics when the car is in the garage for the winter...

Such a description certainly merits pics, look forward to seeing those sometime in the near future. :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Have to see it in person, swing by anytime.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I head up to Vaughan every two weeks and see more each time. I used to live in Bolton 5 years ago during the housing boom.
Sometimes it feels like there's still a housing boom in Bolton. Houses go on sale on my street and are sold in a couple of days. It's been like that for years here. I just had my house apprasied recently for a mortgage renewal and I can say I would never pay that much money for it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts