Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after not being able to get the competizione cold air intake installed properly, Will kindly sent me their new drop in filter.
Installation was as easy as could be, pop off the engine cover with your hands, then unscrew the 3 bolts infront of the airbox, pop out the old filter and drop in the new one. My first drive with it I immediatley noticed the engine has more growl, even my girlfriend noticed it!. As for power gains, its hard to tell, I just had the exhaust done this week as well and that was a noticable power gain and today was my first day driving with the new filter and I was carrying a bunch of stuff and I had an extra body in the car so I havent been able to compare it with just me in the car like after I had the exhaust done.

Overall Id definetly say its worth the $90. There hasnt been a day that someone has asked me about my car. Today as I pulled up to a grocery store, this guy came up to me and asked me how I liked my Abarth 500, I told him it wasnt an abarth, just a 500 sport and he said it sounded great

·
Registered
30 Posts
after not being able to get the competizione cold air intake installed properly, Will kindly sent me their new drop in filter.
Installation was as easy as could be, pop off the engine cover with your hands, then unscrew the 3 bolts infront of the airbox, pop out the old filter and drop in the new one. My first drive with it I immediatley noticed the engine has more growl, even my girlfriend noticed it!. As for power gains, its hard to tell, I just had the exhaust done this week as well and that was a noticable power gain and today was my first day driving with the new filter and I was carrying a bunch of stuff and I had an extra body in the car so I havent been able to compare it with just me in the car like after I had the exhaust done.

Overall Id definetly say its worth the $90. There hasnt been a day that someone has asked me about my car. Today as I pulled up to a grocery store, this guy came up to me and asked me how I liked my Abarth 500, I told him it wasnt an abarth, just a 500 sport and he said it sounded great

Great to read a review of the drop in filter, i've had my eye on one of those myself. You say you had your exhaust done too? What did you put on?

Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never mind, i just saw your other post with your new exhaust setup. Looks great!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, it goes back to the exhaust shop friday to have the resonator removed and replaced with a straight pipe, also going to change the tip out for a dual tip, the current tip doesnt fill out that rear exhaust cutout on the diffuser that well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts