Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I was like 99% dead set on getting a RRM axle back exhaust but I heard the one below and I love the deeper tones it offers so much more, I looked at the csporttuning.com website and saw no exhaust listed and I tried to email them and it was returned with the error that the domain did not exist. I want to know more about it...

Lighter than stock I imagine?
Dyno on this exhaust?
HP and Torque #s?
Pricing?
Axle back or cat back?
What brand is the muffler?
If no longer being sold can this sound be gotten from another exhaust that can be suggested?

Thanks. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopeful enough people will generate interest and we can get something going, I like the RRM exhaust but none sound as good as this one, I do prefer the dual slash cut double wall tips from the RRM but this one is my favorite sounding. Thanks dattson for posting interest.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Been followin todays talk about axle/cat backs in the various forums today, thanx for postin the clip Tweak.

Also curious about the only thing on the csp site is just brakes and such, so dug around and found this site.

http://fiat500speed.com/products.html

Not sure if you've seen their cat back system or not, they have a vid clip as well.

I did see it and I think it may be the same one, to be honest though it is not worth that price (to me anyways) unless it is maybe a Corsa or Borla brand muffler and even then I had a Borla on a much larger car with dual exhaust meaning more material and it was close to this price, if it were $600 that seems more in line but I am not 100% completely sure this is the same exhaust but I think it is, thank you...I'd rather buy a muffler that gives a similar sound and have my local muff shop fab me up a straight pipe and other connecting tubes, pick whatever tip suits me and after install still be around the $800 or so price point if not a good bit less. I don't see why I couldn't have them pop in a straight pipe, kill the resonator, and add this or similar muffler and tip of choice and use the rest of the stock piping possibly as well...the sound from this just changed the entire game. Really guess I need to start looking for mufflers and get a custom deal locally for the best sound. Hopefully without sacrificing power of course. My next option is to just go back to my original plan and get the RRM exhaust but it doesn't have a deep tone which I so greatly prefer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah the one from Allison just looks like a peiced out kit, something you could easily do on your own.

Heck it's just as easy to just straight pipe the exhaust from cat to tip, cheaper too hehe.

Really interested to see what you come up with, never worked with a platform this small before, agreed that your 600 price range should be good as a full sized cat back system is gonna be 800-1k, no reason a small car package like the Fiat should be that much.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
500madness is going to have one real soon that IMO is worth waiting for. Axel back, polished stainless, and dual tips. I saw the pre production unit and I am sold. Call Boris for an update.

Please post further information when you get word on this and a clip if you can. I certainly wish to hear what I am getting and a dyno showing the before & after would be great! I know I want a double walled tip regardless if it is a single or a dual, slash cut would look nicer but that isn't a deal breaker. Do you have any idea at all a time-frame for this to come to market? I was ready to go and get a nice little selection of toys from RRM until I spoke with Rob and he mentioned the sound of the exhaust, I found it on YouTube and I really didn't like the sound, didn't sound aggressive or deep at all which I greatly prefer as stated. Thank you Triumph. :cool:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Hi Tweak I also was looking for an exhaust a couple weeks ago and bought a axel back made by RRM I can tell you my opinion that the YouTube video does not give it any justice. It sounds so much better in person. I will take some sound clips of my car with my iPhone and hopefully get one by I think sounds the best. I am also getting another axel back that one of the forum members made EZIO on Monday and dyno testing both exhausts hopefully next saturday.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tweak I also was looking for an exhaust a couple weeks ago and bought a axel back made by RRM I can tell you my opinion that the YouTube video does not give it any justice. It sounds so much better in person. I will take some sound clips of my car with my iPhone and hopefully get one by I think sounds the best. I am also getting another axel back that one of the forum members made EZIO on Monday and dyno testing both exhausts hopefully next saturday.

Hearing the clip will be GREAT! Looking forward to seeing what the dyno testing reveals as well. I do hope the sound of the RRM exhaust is better than the clip above, it looks very nice but so far the Comp exhaust just sounds the best, also looks like it might be fairly lightweight which is also very appealing. Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sorry, but that R//R exhaust sounds like something a 16 year old would put on his Honda Civic. Way too buzzy.

I really dig the sound of the first one. Doesn't change the sound of the stock sound, just makes it meaner.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also looking forward to hearing the clip later this evening when I return from a dinner function I am attending in a few hours, and I agree with you snarferer, from what I have heard so far the RRM is nice looking yet too buzzy now that I have heard the other which does sound like a magnified version of what mine sounds like currently, I don't really want to change the stock sound just want more aggressive grunt. I don't want people a mile down the road to hear me (not saying either cause that) I just want to hear it myself as it is enjoyable to me, like "music to my ears" as weird as some may think that sounds. Thanks again Fig, you may sway me, the clip of the RRM may have been distorted being inside a garage and creating an echo where the other was outside of a garage, we shall see!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The supersprint is nice sounding. Totally a close second!

BTW, found the competizione online available here:
http://www.solermotorsports.com/Competizione-Sport-Tuning-exhaust_p_26.html
Its a hair too pricey for me though, ouch.

:p Same link I posted above, the SuperSprint though also peaked my interest...I had only seen RRM and felt it was well made in discussing it with Rob but then I heard it and some others and now I can't see owning it with the sound it makes, look forward to seeing the RRM and the SuperSprint clips from you guys, much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts