Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've finished our ecu remapping and gained hp and torque throughout the rpm range, from idle to redline. The car is much more responsive and now feels like a little pocket rocket off the line! The largest percentage torque gain is at 3000rpm, but the gains are consistent through the entire rpm range. I'll be posting the actual dyno sheets as soon as I get them copied onto my drive. But here are some pics in the meantime;

Reactions: Triumph

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are the dyno sheets from the two cars. The only difference is the lightweight flywheel. These tests were run on a Dyno Dynamics machine, and they read notoriously low compared to some other brand of dyno. The important thing to read is the percentage change, not the actual numbers. The largest gains are in the rpm range used most when driving on the street, but the gains are consistent.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Awesome news, Mark. Can't wait to see the final results.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, but keep in mind my statement that this particular dyno reads low, it's the percentage we're interested. I'm sure I can find a Mustang dyno that will show 120hp. Also, there are no correction factors used with this dyno, as that can skew results. Typical losses to the wheels compared to flywheel hp can range from 17 to 25%

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wer're now set up to do the remapping for customers. it does require that you send your ecu to us. The cost is $795 including express shipping back to you. The remapping will be done the same day the ecu is received, so turn around including shipping will be quick.
Some more details of the remap; this can NOT be detected with the a scanner, so the dealer will never be able to tell it's been remapped. Only the manufacturer would be able to determine that the files have been replaced. The Sport button is still functional and operates the same as before. The car will still pass any emissions test, check engine light still functions.
I'll be getting this set up on my website soon, but until then contact me if you're interested in the service

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
so Mark, what are the final improvement numbers with and without cai and exhaust

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'm confused, I'm probably reading wrong but the dyno sheet shows a gain of 4 hp to the wheels from stock?

Correct, what I see is paying more and sending off a part then waiting for it to return or plug in the RRM ECU and unplug as needed, get the same basic results and cut at least half the cost...yeah, that 4HP is nice but it can be had in a much simpler way than is being offered here I think. No insult intended but I think Rob and his guys just found the better method to offer pretty much the same results.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Correct, what I see is paying more and sending off a part then waiting for it to return or plug in the RRM ECU and unplug as needed, get the same basic results and cut at least half the cost...yeah, that 4HP is nice but it can be had in a much simpler way than is being offered here I think. No insult intended but I think Rob and his guys just found the better method to offer pretty much the same results.
Hmmm that's a heafty price tag for 4 hp. There is a company called ecu tuning group and they have an ecu remap out that's 495 and it dynoed at 11 hp. I've spoken to the owner there and basically what happens is you find a shop who deals with them, they pull your ecu and email the file and then the ecu tuning group re maps it custom to the mods on your car then emails it back. I'm getting it done Saturday morning. This company re maps tons of cars and just researching around other car forums the results seem to be really positive. Im trying this since it can be done in my city. I will keep you guys updated.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hmmm that's a heafty price tag for 4 hp. There is a company called ecu tuning group and they have an ecu remap out that's 495 and it dynoed at 11 hp. I've spoken to the owner there and basically what happens is you find a shop who deals with them, they pull your ecu and email the file and then the ecu tuning group re maps it custom to the mods on your car then emails it back. I'm getting it done Saturday morning. This company re maps tons of cars and just researching around other car forums the results seem to be really positive. Im trying this since it can be done in my city. I will keep you guys updated.

You have the RRM intake and the MagnaFlow exhaust right now right? This seems like a nice deal, custom done to match the car and 11HP is the highest I have seen reported, any issues I wonder with the factory service once this is modded. Look forward to seeing the results, if I am incorrect please state your exact mods, thanks. :cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts