Registered
4,580 Posts
10.8:1

Reactions: JAFA500

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Gracias. It's turbo hunting time
That's what I thought right away.;) I'm wait to see if Mopar will offer a solution that won't affect my warranty.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
a fwd car this size is pointless with too much power. I think the euros have it right, supercharged 135 HP abarth is plenty and 160 is probably the most you can go without having tourque steer all over the place,not to mention you'd then need bigger brakes and a new clutch if you're putting down tons of power..and thats if the stock engine internals can handle lots of power, my guess is no. Im really hoping mopar releases a supercharger kit

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
They do have a 300HP 500 which is awesome but obviously this is more extreme, having a nice power adder though would be awesome so if you do happen to go that route I'd be interested in following your results.
That type of power needs to be AWD.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a fwd car this size is pointless with too much power. I think the euros have it right, supercharged 135 HP abarth is plenty and 160 is probably the most you can go without having tourque steer all over the place,not to mention you'd then need bigger brakes and a new clutch if you're putting down tons of power..and thats if the stock engine internals can handle lots of power, my guess is no. Im really hoping mopar releases a supercharger kit

There's no such thing as pointless when it comes to power. As long as it's done correctly. I'll be going for 200 - 250 hp and will upgrade the LSD, clutch, and brakes to make the package work

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just look at a MazdaSpeed 3, 263hp at the front wheels with limited-slip. Doable, but hang on to that steering wheel with two hands.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
As Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has said:

"You can have a million horse power but its useless if you cant put it down to the wheels"

Yes doing an LSD, brake and clutch upgrade will make 250 HP more doable but at the end of the day that much power into the front wheels just doesnt work all that well.

I'll stick with supercharging my car which should bring it to the 135-150 range.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has said:

"You can have a million horse power but its useless if you cant put it down to the wheels"

Yes doing an LSD, brake and clutch upgrade will make 250 HP more doable but at the end of the day that much power into the front wheels just doesnt work all that well.

I'll stick with supercharging my car which should bring it to the 135-150 range.

That's what's so great you do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

BUT I will never criticize what you're doing

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've been a part of the FWD racing community since it started 12 years ago, I will say that you can't just add power, you need to supplement that with all the other performance mods, suspension, trans, so many things, but 300HP is not too much for a FWD, my most extreme friend pushes over 1400hp out of a 4 cylinder drag car, and cranks out about 650-700hp on this FWD Time Attack car. Since the 500 is taller than it is wide it throws a lot of things off, and causes all new engineering. Is it smart to put that much power to the ground in this size car? No, but it's not because it's FWD, it's the way the car was designed that makes it tough.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im curious... would it be possible to throw a r32 awd kit on our cars. I'm sure it'll cost a nice penny but I did notice there is a nice channel running above the mid pipe, almost like a dedicated spot for the drive shaft :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Im curious... would it be possible to throw a r32 awd kit on our cars. I'm sure it'll cost a nice penny but I did notice there is a nice channel running above the mid pipe, almost like a dedicated spot for the drive shaft :)
To do that you'd probably have to take the FIAT body and put it onto the R32, but I gotta agree, a built R32 will eat up anything on the road! Those always win the best car challenges

1 - 20 of 26 Posts