Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to multiple dealers / studios across the country, today, March 7th, is when orders for the first batch of Abarths will be formally entered into the Chrysler/Fiat system resulting in the issuing of offical vehicle order numbers (VON's) to be followed not too long thereafter by VIN's and the tracking of the manufacturing status of each individual vehicle as it makes it's way through the assembly process.

With this thread I'd like to share info among us who have placed orders regarding the status of our orders and the subsequent feedback we get from Fiat concerning the progress of the order from the inital confirmation to the vehicles being loaded onto trucks in Mexico to the estimated arrival date at the studios.

Let me start by saying that I am expecting an e-mail from my studio later today stating a confirmation that my order was entered into and accepted by the system and also assigned a VON. When this happens I'll post the details.

Is anyone else also expecting confirmation today?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I spec'd my Abarth about 10 days ago and the dealer said the order was being entered today. I should email them and ask for a VON. VERY excited!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received confirmation and the VON today from Sunset Fiat in Sarasota. Dealing with Tim R (sales mgr) has been great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got an email today outlining that my dealer is being allocated 4 cars for March. I am #11 on their list of people to put down an deposit on an Abarth. It's looking like it will be at least May before mine might come in.

The letter also said that a total of 16 people had put a deposit down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I began this thread this morning and since then I received a call from my studio who informed me that my order was placed in the system, but I still had to wait another day for a "build sheet" and corresponding VON to be issued. Has anyone else had this experience? Some folks appeared to have gotten their VON's right away....so I wonder if my delay has anything to do with individual studio allocation for the Abarth or some other reason that places certain studios ahead of others with respect to ordering?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts