Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the 500 and have a couple things I'm confused about.
  1. I know that blue & me is standard but is this new? I looked at quite a few 500s that do not have any kind of controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I also saw a couple that do not have USB ports (they just have the aux jack) but according to the fiat site that is supposed to be standard as well.
  2. Is anyone else as worried as I am about getting a car that actually has a spare? I hit a pothole that blew out my sidewall this winter and had I not had a spare, I would have been SOL. I am holding out for a car with a spare but everyone there seems to think this is a little crazy for me to expect...

I'm car hunting tomorrow so I am going to find out what is going on. Maybe they will take something off for not having blue and me and audio controls....

·
Registered
18 Posts
My understanding is that some of the earlier built cars didn't have Blue & Me, and there are rebates of around $1500 (here in Nor Cal) on those cars.

A spare wheel and tire is a $100 option. The jack is still anyone's guess. Better have an AAA membership... :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
My understanding is that some of the earlier built cars didn't have Blue & Me, and there are rebates of around $1500 (here in Nor Cal) on those cars.

A spare wheel and tire is a $100 option. The jack is still anyone's guess. Better have an AAA membership... :)
You get free roadside for the first unlimited mileage 4 years.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I honestly have no idea where my spare is hiding. I should probably look for it one of these days... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I posted earlier about my spareless flat tire experience, so if you haven't read that, you might want to.

$100 is cheap for piece of mind, but I'm still not too upset with not having a spare - I may never get one, I'm waiting to see what kind of after-market tire kit Fiat ends up offering.

BTW, that little canister of sealant is $60+ US!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I posted earlier about my spareless flat tire experience, so if you haven't read that, you might want to.

$100 is cheap for piece of mind, but I'm still not too upset with not having a spare - I may never get one, I'm waiting to see what kind of after-market tire kit Fiat ends up offering.

BTW, that little canister of sealant is $60+ US!
So I wonder if I will still get my $60 can of wonder sealant if I paid for the $100 spare option.

Someone was mentioning the jack...does it come with a jack and tire tools?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I asked my sales rep when I stopped by the other day about ordering the spare and he said they weren't available yet. He did say that when they are the kit will be about $500 so I recommend anyone that wants a spare to order it WITH the car for $100.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I think the Blue & Me was only offered with the Bose System. Bose is optional on the Pop but standard on the Sport and Lounge. at least that's what I thought I had read at one time.:)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
The spare is probably a donut anyway. It won't have the correct pressure when you finally need it, so why bother? The only good thing about donut tires is when other people are driving them, and you can guess how many mph over the design speed they are driving - with improper pressure.

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are other small vehicles that don't have a spare but is an option. I have been reading about the Michelin Tweel; an airless tire that is not released for cars, yet.
Wikipedia. Gizmag.

I think it would be great for small vehicles that are too small to carry a spare; IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts