Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting an Abarth and I’m just starting my research. I have one specific question, and then if anyone has a standard “things to tell newbies” spiel or link I’d appreciate the pointers. Meanwhile, here is my question: How well does the 500 Abarth play with a 2 post lift? Just asking because I’ve never put such a small car up, and I’m wondering if there are any tricks or difficulties. I have a crew cab pickup with an 8’ bed, and working on anything rear wheels related with the truck in the air is sketchy as **** because you are working half a mile from the rear support arms. I wonder if such a short car causes any headaches I’m not aware of. Having a lift has been great, but it has transformed me into a very lazy man, and I don’t think I’d get something if it was a problem on the lift. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thinking about getting an Abarth and I’m just starting my research. I have one specific question, and then if anyone has a standard “things to tell newbies” spiel or link I’d appreciate the pointers. Meanwhile, here is my question: How well does the 500 Abarth play with a 2 post lift? Just asking because I’ve never put such a small car up, and I’m wondering if there are any tricks or difficulties. I have a crew cab pickup with an 8’ bed, and working on anything rear wheels related with the truck in the air is sketchy as **** because you are working half a mile from the rear support arms. I wonder if such a short car causes any headaches I’m not aware of. Having a lift has been great, but it has transformed me into a very lazy man, and I don’t think I’d get something if it was a problem on the lift. Thanks

If the proper lift points and care are utilized, there should be no problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got one. I love it. I’ll put a post up in the rides section and start a build thread, but first i need 3 more posts before I can post pics (I think). So, apologies in advance...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And a test. Sorry for wasting your time with junk posts. I ended up with a 2013, white, 26k miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should pull the trigger on it and get one.I bought an Abarth and I love it more than the Porsche Boxster l'm selling.Dont buy a Porsche unless you have the means the goddamn thing nickel and dimed me and it's broke down in my driveway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts