Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Unfortunately, powered convertible tops will eventually fail, with any brand. There's no great mystery to this top for those who work in that field. With my last convertible I got handy at replacing the fabric when it was slashed every 12 to 18 months.

With a bit of work, it may be possible to manually work the top closed, manually pushing the broken side while using the motor to take up slack. Once it's latched, all other functions should return.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unfortunately, powered convertible tops will eventually fail, with any brand. There's no great mystery to this top for those who work in that field. With my last convertible I got handy at replacing the fabric when it was slashed every 12 to 18 months.

With a bit of work, it may be possible to manually work the top closed, manually pushing the broken side while using the motor to take up slack. Once it's latched, all other functions should return.
I will try manually rolling the roof. It is clicked but not all the way. The mechanics around here want me to hand them 1400 with no Warrenty or guarantee.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, no warranty would be common for this sort of repair. The problem is, once it's repaired another part could fail, which is probably why the dealer wants to replace the entire top.

Worse case, the guides can break. This video shows all the work required to repair one of those.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts