Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the tank is leaking at the hose. Anyone else have this? I read others have had this issue in other forums.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
From what I have been able to gather it's an issue with the clamp not being tight enough. Rather than replacing it with the same compression style clamp, I've heard replacing it with a regular screw type hose clamp solves the issue. Mine is just starting to exhibit the typical signs of leakage.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have been able to gather it's an issue with the clamp not being tight enough. Rather than replacing it with the same compression style clamp, I've heard replacing it with a regular screw type hose clamp solves the issue. Mine is just starting to exhibit the typical signs of leakage.
It's from the clamp for sure. I'll show it to the dealer and tell them to put a screw type. I can do it, but why should I pay for warranty issues.

·
Registered
312 Posts
have you guys visually seen it leaking? or just residue on the pipe?

going to check my car now to see if it has this issue...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you guys visually seen it leaking? or just residue on the pipe?

going to check my car now to see if it has this issue...
It's been leaking onto the frame (dried out) of the car under the overflow tank behind the passenger headlight. It's below the "cold level" when it's hot. Not good.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Can someone detail a step by step process to help those of us who want to fix it ourselves? Pictures, youtube video..you know, something that goes into detail. Not sure if I want to tackle this or drive 5 miles and wait.

thnx!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can someone detail a step by step process to help those of us who want to fix it ourselves? Pictures, youtube video..you know, something that goes into detail. Not sure if I want to tackle this or drive 5 miles and wait.

thnx!
Do you have this issue? I want the dealer to acknowledge it before I snap off one of the factory clamp, so that they don't blame me. It's the clamp on the hose leading to the top of the overflow tank. Only one there.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lovar, I would just take it in to be safe, and have Fiat fix it. Nothing really to loose. It is under your new car warranty.
Yup, I agree. I have an extended warranty too, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have visited the FIAT dealer three times now because of this problem. First they replaced one, that did not fix it. Next time they replaced every clamp and that didn't fix it. I went there today for the third time and they ended up just tightening the clamps, claiming it was simply a tightening issue this time. We'll see if it's fixed this time. It's getting annoying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts