Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got stuff today at Costco and asked the tire department if i can come by when i need my tires checked they have nitrogen inside and the studio is out of the way.. they said anytime and in 5 minutes i was all hooked up.....they took out air pressure from my tires....the result is a more comfortable ride....check your air pressure and if you have Costco nearby Free Nitrogen

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dude, I did the exact same thing yesterday in Charleston SC.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dude, if it's free then score, but unless you're racing it's not worth the trouble. Even then I doubt it would make the difference.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had nitrogen in the tires from the dealer. They are too far away for check ups. And Costco will do it for free. Just passing on a good deal. If sOmebody else has nitrogen in their tires

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I hope you don't really have NO2 in your tires. Maybe N2.

IMO, vastly overrated for street cars. Remember air is 80% N2.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I hope you don't really have NO2 in your tires. Maybe N2.

IMO, vastly overrated for street cars. Remember air is 80% N2.
Air also tends to contain moisture which can corrode and damage your TPMS and the sealing bead of your tires. Nitrogen is a good solution to preventing corrosion inside your wheels so if you can get it, use it. TPMS replacement can get expensive.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I just got a new membership yesterday at Costco.

I don't think I want the Costco guys touching my cars anymore. They screwed up my alloy wheels big time on our Accord. Even if it's air. I now have a distaste for them, and their tire department. I can put air in my own tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts