Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 lounge which I love, has only 22,500 miles, but I'm more than ready to get rid of it!!
I live in New Orleans where there are many uneven roads and lots of potholes.... and driving is becoming a nightmare due to this loud banging noise, which sounds like it's coming from the front drivers side, going over the slightest of bumps.
I've taken it to 2 different mechanics, and both told me there is nothing wrong. I'm hoping someone has an answer???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this info!! Is the Abarth built differently than the Lounge??
Also, the sound of your clunk was much quieter then the metal on metal banging that I'm having.... but that could just be the video sound quality!

Not familiar with yours, but this is what I went through with the Abarth. Possibly the strut top mounts
I have a 2013 lounge which I love, has only 22,500 miles, but I'm more than ready to get rid of it!!
I live in New Orleans where there are many uneven roads and lots of potholes.... and driving is becoming a nightmare due to this loud banging noise, which sounds like it's coming from the front drivers side, going over the slightest of bumps.
I've taken it to 2 different mechanics, and both told me there is nothing wrong. I'm hoping someone has an answer???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could be a few things. if the car feels like its driving like normal and only makes loud noise when hitting bumps it sounds like strut mounts. If there are driving issues like play in the steering or pulling hard either direction, it could be something in the steering/control assembly. Jack up the driver side and shake the wheel and see if it wiggles or is loose In any way. It may do nothing but it could be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
FiatCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts