Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off the subject, I do not how to start a new thread so I will ask here. Does any one know how to remove the standard fuel filler door without tearing the car apart? So I can install the chrome one.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Off the subject, I do not how to start a new thread so I will ask here. Does any one know how to remove the standard fuel filler door without tearing the car apart? So I can install the chrome one.
Thanks
You have your own thread now.
Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
no. from the instructions that come with the FIAT Accessory Chrome Gas Cap, you must remove the right rear wheel, remove the inner splash shield to access the nuts that hold on the current gas door. once removed, install the new Chrome unit, and reassemble.

I don't think its THAT difficult, just time consuming. you can always have your FIAT dealer install it for you.....for a price I'm sure.

Good Luck with your installation! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed one, took about 1/2 hour, you pull the right rear wheel off, (jack the car up first!), remove the inner fender (splash panel) undo the bolts and reinstall. Not that hard. I too am not a fan of chrome but it does look good IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts