Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any loss in low-end torque? Is this just an axel back or did you do any modification to the mid-pipe? (I asked you about your exhaust on your intake post, disregard that one, sorry)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the only thing i did to the exhaust system was add the performance muffler and remove the resonator. If you are thinking about doing exhaust mods to this car i suggest doing what i did. Its nice on this car because if you look underneath you'll notice the muffler is connected to about 2 feet of pipe with a clamp on the end. If you loosen the bolt that holds the clamp the muffler pretty much falls out. Its just a nice easy place to start with a new pipe/muffler , meaning you don't have to cut anything. The exhaust i put on was is a DNX Full Flow muffler. Price was about $260 for the muffler. Like i said before i did have the resonator cut out and it was replaced with a straight stainless steel pipe and i couldn't be happier. As far as torque goes, you cant feel a difference, certainly doesn't feel like you've lost any tho in fact its quite the opposite or maybe its just the cool sound it makes that makes you feel like it is faster or has more power. The only way to really know is by taking the car to the dyno. However, now i have my intake from road race that is just wicked (as you know) so the car feels even better.

Hope this helps. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts