Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local custom trim shop and I have decided to have the fabric inserts in the seats replaced with a vinyl. The color we choose is a blue to match the exterior. It's gonna look sharp! Downfall is I have to wait until mid August to get it done. Gonna be a long month waiting... I will post a pic of the material later when I get on a computer. We also talked about possibly redoing the door armrest with the same material. Haven't decided on that yet.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Awesome!!! Please post pictures when it's finished!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I like what im reading about your plans so far! Really can't wait to see the complete interior. Blue exterior with a matching blue interior.

Please tell me you are doing before and after pictures of this project, cause i sure hope you are in the process of that. Progress pic's would be good too!

I think you will be one of the first members on here with a Fiat 500 custom interior.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like what im reading about your plans so far! Really can't wait to see the complete interior. Blue exterior with a matching blue interior.

Please tell me you are doing before and after pictures of this project, cause i sure hope you are in the process of that. Progress pic's would be good too!

I think you will be one of the first members on here with a Fiat 500 custom interior.

I am definatley doing it. I have a tentative appt set for August 12th. He is working on a '57 Chevy and has to be done by then. So timing is based on that project. I will try to get as many pics as I can and post them. I can't wait to see the finished project myself.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FINALLY my 500 is at the Upholstery Shop! The guy that was doing the work put me off 3 times so I found someone else. Came recommended by a local Custom Shop. Dropped it off this morning and he said it'll be ready tomorrow. Can't wait, I am lost without my car!!! I'll post pics as soon as I can once she's home...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Looks very nice. Wouldn't make much of a difference on my car, because its silver. Red insert of the seats, might look good. I keep looking at the door panels. Wonder if something, can't be inserted in the center crease, of them. Their soooooo plain looking.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! It was well worth the wait!

Little bit better pics after the sun went done some....

I do plan to do something on the door. We are going to put some of the blue into the armrest section. Its hard to explain. Gonna finish it up sometime in the next few weeks. He didn't have enough material to do it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love the look, esp since I have the same color car and blue is my fav color, can you speak on and post better pics of the steering wheel?
Thank you!

The steering wheel is actually just a cover I bought at Wal*Mart for $9.99. I looked at it a couple times and said NO, I'm not usually into covers but the blue kept calling my name....

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Thank you!

The steering wheel is actually just a cover I bought at Wal*Mart for $9.99. I looked at it a couple times and said NO, I'm not usually into covers but the blue kept calling my name....

Thanks, I dislike making the wheel feel larger so that's out but I thought the color looks great with your interior. :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Fantastic, and quick, job by your upholsterer. It's too bad Fiat couldn't offer matching colors from the factory like that... though I might not have wanted quite so much yellow. hehe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.