Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Please post what kind of efficiency improvement did you notice? I only drive on city roads at low to mid 40s mph, curious how much improvement I would get.
It seems to be helping a smidge on the highway part of my commute in the ballpark of 5-8%. The payoff time for that based on my utility rate isn't all that great, but it's nice to have a little bit more range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It seems to be helping a smidge on the highway part of my commute in the ballpark of 5-8%. The payoff time for that based on my utility rate isn't all that great, but it's nice to have a little bit more range.
Have you noticed range increase driving around town, or only at highway speeds? I purposely avoid highways, those speeds drain battery too fast.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
5-8%. The payoff time for that based on my utility rate isn't all that great, but it's nice to have a little bit more range.
Also consider that it's extending the life of your HV battery, by reducing the discharge rate/temperature, AND by reducing the amount of discharge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You will need to get it in the air. I was able to do it by backing onto ramps for the rear panel, and then jacking up one side for the other two panels. I didn’t put it on stands.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
If you don't have access to ramps, you could probably just park it sideways on a sidewalk, with the back tires near the edge & the bumper hanging out where a car would normally park.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts