Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this sweet shift knob the other day for my Abarth, but it has an M10 X 1.25 insert in it for mounting. I'm looking for ideas on how I can get this knob mounted in my fiat. Aside from welding on a new shift lever, is there some kind of adapter I can use?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Post a pic or brand and model

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update for anyone that's interested:

It turns out the shift lever is exactly 10mm in diameter, so I was able to run a thread on it to accept the shift knob as is. Worked great! I'll post pics when it's done if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update for anyone that's interested:

It turns out the shift lever is exactly 10mm in diameter, so I was able to run a thread on it to accept the shift knob as is. Worked great! I'll post pics when it's done if anyone's interested.
could anyone please point me to a universal gear knob that will install easily to my fiat 500c? I’ve seen one on amazon around £10 with a fittings kit but I believe there’s nothing on the fiat’s gear stick shaft to screw on to? That the m10 has an internal thread?
to be honest it means nothing to me haha. I was just hoping to find one I could simply screw on after removing the existing one. The chrome is flaking off and sliced my finger open yesterday!
Budget is a big issue thanks to Covid so please don’t give me any links to super expensive ones! thank you in advance.
LOUISE x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts