Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking for a cycle carrier for my Fiat 500 - been to Halfords and they reckon I cant get one to fit the Fiat 500 ??!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hi

I am looking for a cycle carrier for my Fiat 500 - been to Halfords and they reckon I cant get one to fit the Fiat 500 ??!!
Stobby40:

I spoke with a local Fiat studio and they do have a Mopar bike carrier for the roof and for the hitch: YOUR CHOICE!!

roof rack: part# TR484764 approx 400.00 plus tax (not installed)
bike carrier to mount on roof rack: part # TCOES599: 117.00 plus tax

Hitch mounted (option): part #: 82212504 100.00 plus tax (not installed)
bike carrier to mount on hitch: (2 bikes) part# TH912RWY: 192.00 (plus tax)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Stobby40:

I spoke with a local Fiat studio and they do have a Mopar bike carrier for the roof and for the hitch: YOUR CHOICE!!

roof rack: part# TR484764 approx 400.00 plus tax (not installed)
bike carrier to mount on roof rack: part # TCOES599: 117.00 plus tax

Hitch mounted (option): part #: 82212504 100.00 plus tax (not installed)
bike carrier to mount on hitch: (2 bikes) part# TH912RWY: 192.00 (plus tax)
Will there be one available for the Abarth?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Will there be one available for the Abarth?
VTEC Mini:

In speaking with the dealer, the parts manager just mentioned this information for the 500. I would assume that it could cross fit to the Abarth but dont quote me. I would just check with your local studio.

Reactions: VTEC Mini

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
VTEC Mini:

In speaking with the dealer, the parts manager just mentioned this information for the 500. I would assume that it could cross fit to the Abarth but dont quote me. I would just check with your local studio.
Thanks. I was just wondering since they have a different bumper cover, dual exhaust and are not even able to have the spare tire kit.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thanks. I was just wondering since they have a different bumper cover, dual exhaust and are not even able to have the spare tire kit.
VTEC Mini:

Good point... Im thinking that on the Abarth, the bike carrier would be for the roof rack so those extras may not come into play. Ill let you know as I hear anything different. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Reactions: VTEC Mini

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
VTEC Mini:

Good point... Im thinking that on the Abarth, the bike carrier would be for the roof rack so those extras may not come into play. Ill let you know as I hear anything different. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Thank you. I would appreciate that and I hope you have a great week all so.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So I'm thinking I'll do the MOPAR hitch-mounted bike rack this summer. Question: can I install the hitch part myself, or do I need to pay the dealer to do it? If I need to pay, what's the going rate? Usually these non-trailer hitches are attached with four bolts or so into holes already present in the frame, and it's about a three minute job with some careful torquing to seat the bolts; is that the case here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question: can I install the hitch part myself, or do I need to pay the dealer to do it?
Yuppers! You can do a self-install on the hitch mount. This past summer, it took me about an hour of crawling under the car with basic tools and only a few curse words. The hardest part was rehanging the muffler. The tough part was getting the rubber hangers stretched back over the muffler hooks (pretty tight work space).
The nice thing is that when the bike rack is removed, the hitch hardly visible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the hitch installed by the dealer and was going to wait until the following spring to get the Thule rack but I saw it in a dealer's parts department and snagged it for $150. I haven't used it but did test-fit everything and it's pretty solid. The folding feature is really handy, easy to access the hatch with it installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts