Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tracking down a power issue with my radio and Bluetooth modules and at a loss on locating the Dashboard/Rear Coupling (D020) in the engine compartment. The radio and Bluetooth are not getting power and I thought power was distributed through the Body Control Module (M001) E-12 (+30) and E-4 (+15) for the radio and E-5 (+15) and E-19 (+30) to the Bluetooth via the D020 Dashboard/Rear coupling. However, none of those pins have wires going to them only pin 20 for the Diagnostic Socket. Can someone tell me how the radio and Bluetooth get power and if it’s through the D020 a picture of where that’s located would be helpful? Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm tracking down a power issue with my radio and Bluetooth modules and at a loss on locating the Dashboard/Rear Coupling (D020) in the engine compartment. The radio and Bluetooth are not getting power and I thought power was distributed through the Body Control Module (M001) E-12 (+30) and E-4 (+15) for the radio and E-5 (+15) and E-19 (+30) to the Bluetooth via the D020 Dashboard/Rear coupling. However, none of those pins have wires going to them only pin 20 for the Diagnostic Socket. Can someone tell me how the radio and Bluetooth get power and if it’s through the D020 a picture of where that’s located would be helpful? Thank you.
Update: Issued solved. It appears that the upgrade to the media system in 2016 included a number of changes in addition to going from a 1-DIN to a 2-Din radio. This new radio included the Bluetooth function eliminating the Blue&Me component in the rear of the car. Fiat also changed the wiring for power to the radio. Originally, power to the radio came through the Body Control Module (as stated above). In 2016 (and in at least my car), power was routed directly from the battery through fuse F81 in the engine compartment bypassing the BCM entirely. So when my radio died, it continued to pull amps through F81 and would kill my battery after about 2 days. Until I get a new head unit, I've pulled F81 and a proxy alignment should stop the flashing odometer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts