Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 500 a month ago and i can say it’s a blast to drive, but like anything I can keep it stock so this is the start of my build. Today I installed a set of Madness sport plus springs, cold air intake is on the way. I will post new photos as mods happen.

·
Vendor
751 Posts
Looking Good Goody0369!

Thank you for your support.

If you have any questions along the way please feel free to reach out to us directly at CA (562)981-6800 or TX (512)982-9393

We look forward to watching your build progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today i installed the injen cold air intake i got from 500 Madness. So i thought id share photos of the progress.

First off remove the stock air box, requires and 8MM socket, i did not have one i had every other size but 8 so i bought a new set lol.

Next jack up the side of the car and pull back the wheel well cover.

This is where you re locate the horn and install the vibration reducer all require 10mm

Now we get to install the top piece of the intake and align it up then install the bottom which was a little bit of hassle but i got it got tighten down those house clamps on the joint so when your working it does not come apart. also follow the direction do not tighten down the mounts till it lined up and i started with the bottom first seem easier to me.

Once you got the bottom hooked up install the filter

Make everything nice and tight put the car back together and install the house for the intake which are very hard and took some work and take her for a drive.

She sounds a little more throaty when you get on it and little more umph! next i think is on the list is either sway bar or racing stripes, then header and exhaust but they maybe down the road and of course a GOPedal from Madness.

·
Registered
976 Posts
After a few months of driving in the rain, I'd love to hear if there are any problems with the filter. I haven't heard anyone complain, but not many were installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
After a few months of driving in the rain, I'd love to hear if there are any problems with the filter. I haven't heard anyone complain, but not many were installed.
Yeah it has pretty good coverage based on location it’s pretty protected behind the wheel well cover and the fender. I’ll keep you posted on how it operates.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I’d get the rear sway bar next. STS. Big difference in handling. $165ish

Reactions: Goody0396

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
62 Posts
Hey Goody, your cars looks Awesome*** I got the Go Pedal almost 3 weeks ago, man what a difference in the throttle response. I live in Tx so I called Madness Auto here in Tx to get more info on their product, talk to someone name Andy after we talk a few minutes I told I was a Veteran and I used my 500 for Va appointments, I got a military discount... fixing to order the 500 wireless LED door sills today 500 Madness***

1 - 17 of 17 Posts