Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dashboard usually displays the date. Yesterday it was displaying range to empty. I read somewhere on here that avg miles per gallon were displayed?

How do you change this display. I tried menu etc. I am missing something simple!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
the button at the end of the wiper stalk on the right hand side.

Reactions: pam5715

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Push the bottom on the end of the wiper stack, to change to different modes. If the radio is off the date will show in the info screen, when you first start the vehicle.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Sport has the "less pretty" cluster

·
Registered
8 Posts
A bit disappointed to know the Sport I'll pick up tomorrow has the "less pretty" gauge. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yah, I guess. :[

The majority of the really cool-looking color combinations for the interiors are Pop/Lounge-exclusive, as well.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Well it looks like the pic is no longer showing but guess it showed long enough (worked fine for me earlier) to serve its purpose, sorry it isn't showing now, didn't know that site didn't allow linking since I snagged it via a quick Google search.
shows for me.

not to hi-jack this thread, but a related question: do any of the models have a "compass readout" at the top of the Evic? I saw online a pic of a dash display and at the very top of the display, where mine just has a red line, there was a compass with "N" showing. another pic had "W" in it. maybe the EU model? while I DO have the TomTom to tell me direction, it would have been nice to have a compass readout on the Evic as well.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
A bit disappointed to know the Sport I'll pick up tomorrow has the "less pretty" gauge. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?
EktoOni:

Most sport models of any manufacture hold back on the "luxury" details you would find in such a model. The sport model concentrates on the suspension, ride, exhaust and handling.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
shows for me. not to hi-jack this thread, but a related question: do any of the models have a "compass readout" at the top of the Evic? I saw online a pic of a dash display and at the very top of the display, where mine just has a red line, there was a compass with "N" showing. another pic had "W" in it. maybe the EU model? while I DO have the TomTom to tell me direction, it would have been nice to have a compass readout on the Evic as well.
I wondered the same and when I saw the N at first I assumed Neutral but with a W I know it couldn't be Neutral, I too am curious.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I wondered the same and when I saw the N at first I assumed Neutral but with a W I know it couldn't be Neutral, I too am curious.
Tweak:

I checked with our tech department and some other employees here that have a fiat 500 and I was told that the EVIC doesn't display a compass readout. I believe that the compass is available overseas for the European models.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak: I checked with our tech department and some other employees here that have a fiat 500 and I was told that the EVIC doesn't display a compass readout. I believe that the compass is available overseas for the European models.
This is my thought, it is rather weird to me at least with so many now offering that and with all that the 500 does do why it doesn't offer such a simple option, I mean the Ice on Road and Follow Me is pretty cool and I figure a bit more special than a compass.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.