1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I took mine out completely. No error light

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know but I was planning on replacing them with bulbs to better match my HID's, but haven't gotten around to ordering them yet. So for now there unplugged.

Oh and I don't think turning them off in the menu turns them off when the headlights are on. Its been a couple weeks since I check it out. but I remember something about that.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I took mine out completely. No error light
Really? WHY? You can turn them off in the EVIC. No, it doesn't turn them off when the headlights are on, but they are on the lower 5 watt filament then. They also function as 'parking lights' if you turn the headlights off after shutting off the engine and then turn the headlight switch back on.

I'll confess, that I don't understand your logic, but have been in the same position, myself, with regard to wanting the fog light switch to stay ON once energized.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a panel in front of the front tire in the tire well that you can take out and replace the bulbs if anyone didn't know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So isn't it the option that turns it of called Daylights on the EVIC. I thought I did that but they still run, I will have to double check again and see.

Really? WHY? You can turn them off in the EVIC. No, it doesn't turn them off when the headlights are on, but they are on the lower 5 watt filament then. They also function as 'parking lights' if you turn the headlights off after shutting off the engine and then turn the headlight switch back on.

I'll confess, that I don't understand your logic, but have been in the same position, myself, with regard to wanting the fog light switch to stay ON once energized.

·
Registered
856 Posts
You can turn off the "Daylight" which will be off if you don't turn the headlights on. On the other hand, regardless of turn the "daylight" on or off, that light will run when you turn the headlights on. (like at night) I guess Ice wanted to shut them off completely so he took the bulbs out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@taein80 You got it. I put in 6000k HID's, and the factory daytime lights were just way to yellow. Looked really bad so I took out the bulbs. I plan on getting 6000K or white LED's to replace just haven't gotten around to it yet.

@ Crzyasian Yes in the menu there is an option to turn off the daylight running lights. its called daytime lights. However it only turns them off when the head lights are off. If you turn on your head lights the daytime bulbs turn on, regardless of the setting in the menu.

And yes that panel in front of the front tires is great. Without it we would have to take the front bumper off the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Took mine out completely as well and got the Yellow Triangle Caution Light .... And a message that says "Check Day Time Running Lights" >=]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts