Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
UGH! Earlier today I was blocked out of a clearly-marked "EV Charging ONLY" spot by a fossil car. 500e is nice & small, so it fit plugged in, out of the way, in the blank spot beside it, but a security guard started getting upset, even when I pointed out I was waiting in my car for the illegally-parked fossil owner to return, which fortunately happened soon.

Discontinuation of 500e shouldn't matter much. Plans to offer a DC kit should go ahead (or not) based on demand due to the total number being driven, which will keep increasing right up until it's discontinued, & then remain fairly stable for several years.

I agree 240V/12A is usually plenty for PRIVATE charging, since even just 120V/12A will fully recharge the average US daily drive during 8 hours of sleep or work. For most people, what matters for charging speed is miles added per hour, regardless of battery pack size.

HOWEVER, for those without easy access to private charging, or wanting to go a bit further by using public DC, 40kW (like the other kits) would still be pretty gentle even on the "small"* 500e batt pack.

*On one charge I can drive mine about 250% of the national daily average.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the owner that dropped my car off at QC Charge. Tony said they have some projects to wrap up and then they will start on the 500e. Should be two weeks before they start work on the car. Tony was pretty optimistic about the install. I can't wait to hear more. I'll post updates as I have them.

82637948_761078902543_4549417805908279296_o.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the owner that dropped my car off at QC Charge. Tony said they have some projects to wrap up and then they will start on the 500e. Should be two weeks before they start work on the car. Tony was pretty optimistic about the install. I can't wait to hear more. I'll post updates as I have them.

View attachment 108214
Saw your post on reddit and came here to see if you'd posted. I wasn't disappointed. Hopefully it all works out well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts