Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd eventually like to replace all the chrome colored exterior bits like door handles and the rear license cover/hatch release...think the car would look great more blacked out. Been looking and haven't really run into any good source for those upgrades. Anybody done it already or even seen alternatives to the chrome pieces?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've seen someone spray their chrome with black plasti-dip. It gives a matte finish. Looked alright if thats what your after. The pictures were somewhere one this sight I think.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Nooooooo, keep the chrome. It makes it look sharp. All cars today are color keyed to save money...[how boring]. My car wouldn't look as good as it does without the chrome. A little 'bling' doesn't hurt. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a fair amount of rattle can and spray on bed liner stuff on my old Land Rovers, but would like to keep things a bit tidier on the 500. Not that it can't look nice with a patient effort. I think there is also something to be said for real vs plastic chrome and with the black rims seeing black as the accent pieces color of choice...going to opt for some carbon fiber pieces as well too :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nooooooo, keep the chrome. It makes it look sharp. All cars today are color keyed to save money...[how boring]. My car wouldn't look as good as it does without the chrome. A little 'bling' doesn't hurt. :D

I'm with you. I'm a bimmer fan, and I see many of the younger guys black out their grills. Makes the cars look like they have no nose...like an automotive version of Michael Jackson.
I don't go for ricer over the top bling, but chrome accents provide a nice contrast. The FIATS look like jewelry, I'd hate to see them look like a lump of coal. Understand, I'm not putting down owners who want to do black out. If done right, it can be nice. Just not my thing.

Nice car by the way!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah, not trying to make it look like its black-ops! Haha! I'm not anti-chrome, just going for a different look...more subtle, but still attractive. Brunette not blonde!
Sounds cool, keep us posted. Speaking of cool, love the "evil spock" avatar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! Thanks! Everytime I get a car I try to look at it at pick a name based on an immediate stream of consciousness type blurt out - and once I say it, I can't change it, cause then it seems like I'm lying. God knows why, I looked at my car and said Spock with a Beard - haha! So now I'm stuck with it!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I want to do this with some chrome bits, door pulls, trunk trim piece. I have a Pearl White Sport, i like the classy look of the chrome but want to make it look a bit more darker and aggressive, i can't decide on doing black or body color. Plasti-Dip black doesn't seem like it would look as good as body color on Pearl White. Decisions, Decisions. Comments?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts