Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi apologies of I've posted this in the wrong area.
I'd appreciate some help and advice on the following.
I have a 2010 500 pop with an instrument cluster which has stopped working.
Everything was fine when i parked up at the shops yesterday. Got back in to find that the digital speedo/instrument panel appears to be dead (no display).
The only light that shows is for the headlights.

The odd thing is that when the door is open only the milage (which has stopped recording) and the time shows in the centre ring. Other than that nothing!

I've checked all the fuses which appear fine.
Des anyone have any suggestions please?
Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi apologies of I've posted this in the wrong area.
I'd appreciate some help and advice on the following.
I have a 2010 500 pop with an instrument cluster which has stopped working.
Everything was fine when i parked up at the shops yesterday. Got back in to find that the digital speedo/instrument panel appears to be dead (no display).
The only light that shows is for the headlights.

The odd thing is that when the door is open only the milage (which has stopped recording) and the time shows in the centre ring. Other than that nothing!

I've checked all the fuses which appear fine.
Des anyone have any suggestions please?
Thanks
Ben
benbr,

I'm sorry to hear about your cluster concern. This could be the result of a poor connection or loose wire. Have you attempted to adjust the brightness? Have you had an opportunity to speak with the service dept. at your local Studio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply FiatCACares. Providing it's the same button, the settings button on the cluster doesn't appear to work as there's nothing displaying on the unit at all - the speedo needle on the outer ring of the display isn't working either, leading me to originally think it was a blown fuse..
I've checked the obvious connections to no avail but haven't checked battery connections - could this be a reason?
Was hoping to avoid taking it in to a dealer at this point but may have to...

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
I was curious. Are you in a different country. You mention you had a 2010 Pop. If you are, do you still have a warranty? You might want to get it in for service.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had that happen in my 500c. It was indeed a bad connection / damaged wire that they quickly took care of.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for your reply FiatCACares. Providing it's the same button, the settings button on the cluster doesn't appear to work as there's nothing displaying on the unit at all - the speedo needle on the outer ring of the display isn't working either, leading me to originally think it was a blown fuse..
I've checked the obvious connections to no avail but haven't checked battery connections - could this be a reason?
Was hoping to avoid taking it in to a dealer at this point but may have to...
benbr,

Your dealer service dept. is professionally trained with technicians who specialize in your vehicle. They will be able to pinpoint the root cause efficiently and address your concern. Be sure to speak with the Service Manager.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts