Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of winter tires from my fiat studio and they installed them. I noticed whenever I reverse/turn sharply I could hear my tires rubbing on my fenders. SO I checked the tire size and noticed they are 205/55/16!! recommended size is 195/45 so they are too tall and wide. I havent had time to scheduele an appointment but now one of my fenders have a couple small dents and a few tiny chips. Im going to call in tomorrow and book an appointment, would you expect them to replace the tires and fix the small damage or is it my fault for driving on them and not bringing them back right when I found out? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It's there fault. The damage could have happened a minute ago or 5 weeks ago, doesn't matter, they f'ed up the size. Same if they put the wrong fluids in. Your engine blows up, their fault.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Holy moly! Got any pics of the car with those massive tires?
I'm surprised you didn't catch that when you first picked up the car. That is something I would have noticed right off the bat.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow! They really should have known better. Not to mention your speedometer would show about 9% too slow so you would be speeding everywhere.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, they went too far with the size increase on your car.
When we swapped tires for our Sport, we went from 195/45-16 to 195/50-16.

No issues whatsoever.

BC.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yeah, they went too far with the size increase on your car.
When we swapped tires for our Sport, we went from 195/45-16 to 195/50-16.

No issues whatsoever.

BC.
Any pictures of your car running that size of tire? When I bought winter tires for my Volvo a few years ago, I went up one profile size. The tires looked noticeably chunky. I'd like to see how much beefier 50-16 tires look on a Sport.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
got 205/50R16 Michelins on my 500 Sport. no rubbing. a 55 though would be REALLY tight.

I don't know where you're located (you didn't fill out your 'location' in your profile) but I suspect that if you're getting 'winter tires', then you're expecting snow. snow always builds up in your wheel wells and turns to ice. if you're tires are already rubbing, they'll REALLY be rubbing once you're driving in snow.

take your car back.......they need to change them out, at their expense. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts