Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what kind of deals everyone else is getting from their Studio.

My Studio is giving me free lifetime synthetic oil changes starting at 3K and then every 7K or when the computer says it's due,
whichever comes first. They're also giving me lifetime track maintenance on the ragtop.

I don't exactly live right around the corner from my Studio (25 miles away) but I'll plan on combining oil change trips with other
excursions to that particular area.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dino oil changes for 36K miles.
I'm not even sure if will be worth going all the way there for them, actually. They didn't earn my trust during the sale; I'll have a hard time giving them my keys at all...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
"regularly scheduled maintenance", every 8K, is INCLUDED with the purchase of every FIAT 500 sold in the U.S. for the first 36K miles.

if you want it changed more often, then that's when your dealer may step up to the plate and cover that for you. since MOPAR has dropped the price of their oil filters from $30 to $7.50, more dealers may be inclined to pay for the oil changes that FIAT doesn't cover.

each Studio will be different, so if you are lucky to live in an area that has more than one, shop around for the best deal. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since MOPAR has dropped the price of their oil filters from $30 to $7.50, more dealers may be inclined to pay for the oil changes that FIAT doesn't cover.
Good night, they were charging 30 bucks for an oil filter? :eek:

·
Registered
825 Posts
No special deal for me, other than what the manufacturer is doing. That's one positive thing about waiting a bit to get one of these - it gives the dealers time to work out their competition strategy.

Ryan

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No special deal for me, other than what the manufacturer is doing. That's one positive thing about waiting a bit to get one of these - it gives the dealers time to work out their competition strategy.

Ryan
Wait a minute, didn't you buy at Kings in Mason, OH?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wait a minute, didn't you buy at Kings in Mason, OH?
I bought from Kings and got the lifetime oil change thing. They did not say it would be synthetic though. What is your name, maybe I will do a name drop and see if they can switch mine to be synthetic.

I go in on Thursday for my 8k.

I did happen to buy a filter from them for $3,200. They put the decimal in the wrong spot but I will say when I looked at my online account balance the next day I was shocked to see a $3200 oil filter, instead of the already ridiculous $32 oil filter.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought from Kings and got the lifetime oil change thing. They did not say it would be synthetic though. What is your name, maybe I will do a name drop and see if they can switch mine to be synthetic.

I go in on Thursday for my 8k.

I did happen to buy a filter from them for $3,200. They put the decimal in the wrong spot but I will say when I looked at my online account balance the next day I was shocked to see a $3200 oil filter, instead of the already ridiculous $32 oil filter.
My salesman was Andrew and he said synthetic every 7K, first one at 3K to make sure there are no burr problems.

Did they not include the filter?

·
Registered
93 Posts
What kind of problem did you have with Kings sales staff?

Looks like I may have run into a similar experience.
My experience with Kings was great. I was like the 3rd person to sign the white board though. I was my salesmans first 500 sale and first car sale in general and he was a delight to deal with...probably because it was his first sale.

My salesman was Andrew and he said synthetic every 7K, first one at 3K to make sure there are no burr problems.

Did they not include the filter?
I did an oil change myself at 1k just to be sure I got any break in shavings out and did not have an overly clogged up oil filter from break in.

·
Registered
825 Posts
With Kings, I tried contacting them in-person, via phone, and email. Zero response. When I'd stop by in person, they'd take my name and say "our FIAT guy will call you". Nothing.

After two months of that, I decided to check the next closest dealer. Boyd didn't have a Studio either, but they had a website and a Facebook page. I emailed them at about 8PM and didn't expect much, but got a personal response from Matt at King's that night.

One visit to Boyd's sold me, the didn't seem like sales guys first, but enthusiasts first. I really like that and they were extremely responsive.

I stopped in at Kings after they opened and I immediately got the "shady car sales" vibe. Two guys came out, acting like my best friends, slapping me on the back and when they asked why I didn't buy from them, I told them. They just grinned and blew it off, but an explanation would have been nice. The entire time, my sixth sense was screaming "sleazy!"

Now, Diann in service has been great, beyond great. So I'll give them a shot a servicing and see how that goes.

What was your issue, Deron?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With Kings, I tried contacting them in-person, via phone, and email. Zero response. When I'd stop by in person, they'd take my name and say "our FIAT guy will call you". Nothing.

After two months of that, I decided to check the next closest dealer. Boyd didn't have a Studio either, but they had a website and a Facebook page. I emailed them at about 8PM and didn't expect much, but got a personal response from Matt at King's that night.

One visit to Boyd's sold me, the didn't seem like sales guys first, but enthusiasts first. I really like that and they were extremely responsive.

I stopped in at Kings after they opened and I immediately got the "shady car sales" vibe. Two guys came out, acting like my best friends, slapping me on the back and when they asked why I didn't buy from them, I told them. They just grinned and blew it off, but an explanation would have been nice. The entire time, my sixth sense was screaming "sleazy!"

Now, Diann in service has been great, beyond great. So I'll give them a shot a servicing and see how that goes.

What was your issue, Deron?
Ordered from Kings on 7/06. The car came in on 8/19 and was supposed be ready the following week. Made a mistake by signing the papers ahead of time before the car was ready for delivery. Now they've been paid and the communication stopped. It had custom leather put in along with heated seats, was told a couple days. Also requested tinted windows which was supposedly rolled up into a package including the Valugard undercoating, convertible top protection, leather protection and paint sealant for $895, but with $500 towards the Abarth when I trade up in a year or two. Sounded reasonable enough.

Then I get an email saying the window tint company never called them back, but they were expediting all the Valugard treatments and I could get the tinting done on my own at my expense. I sent an email saying to cancel the Valugard altogether and I would take care of the tinting myself. E-mailed 4 times since yesterday and have received no response. I called and was told the salesman was out, but they would look into it and return my call. It never happened.

Now I have to go out of town for 3 days and won't be back until the weekend. I've yet to take delivery, but have done all the paperwork, so I guess I'm less important than new sales, that's what it speaks to me anyway. I paid my $3000 deposit via credit card so at least that's better than a check.

Another thing is when I briefly drove the car, I noticed a pretty bad shimmy starting around 25 mph. I asked it be checked out and it was brushed off as nothing to worry about. I also forgot to mention that it was delayed because the interior people had screwed up my ambient lighting somehow and something had to be redone.

I'm wondering if they didn't screw something else up big time or the shimmy is a big problem. One thing for sure, they are avoiding me like the plague and know I'll be gone for a few days, perhaps enough time to cover something up.

I think I smell a rat.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think you hit on what I felt - they were in it for the sale. I know that's true of any dealer, but you can either lie, cheat, and steal to get in done or you can really let the car sell itself.

I wouldn't hesitate to call Diann. Even though she's the service manager, she seems to take a lot of responsibility for that place. Maybe she could go rattle a cage for you, especially if you're able to say, "I go to Columbus/Louisville frequently and that's who'll be doing my servicing, because of my bad experience."

Keep us posted and good luck.

Ryan

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you hit on what I felt - they were in it for the sale. I know that's true of any dealer, but you can either lie, cheat, and steal to get in done or you can really let the car sell itself.

I wouldn't hesitate to call Diann. Even though she's the service manager, she seems to take a lot of responsibility for that place. Maybe she could go rattle a cage for you, especially if you're able to say, "I go to Columbus/Louisville frequently and that's who'll be doing my servicing, because of my bad experience."

Keep us posted and good luck.

Ryan
Thanks man.

Not sure how much I'll find out since I'll be in D.C. for the next 3 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts