Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bit the bullet and purchased the RRM Corsa Intake, as my first foray into modding my Fiat. I don't know how crazy Ill go with it, but from what I can tell by you all, it seems like once you start you can't stop!

The other day I had called my dealer to ask about ordering the Mopar CAI (when I was still deciding) and they told me it wasn't available in Canada, and that the US version will be dif. than the Canadian version..and generally just seemed to be warning me against getting it. I spoke to Mopar AND Boris @ 500 Madness..annndd...lets just say, my dealer didn't know what they were talking about :/

I have to take my car for its first service in about 2 weeks, and Im wondering how you all have found your dealers in regards to your mods. If they really give me a hard time, I can just start taking my car to Maranello in Woodbridge, ont.. who are mod friendly, but $$$$!

Thanks for the help!
Meg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Meggers, what dealer is it that's being so anti-MOD? I will personally be using Maranello, and will avoid your dealer like the plague lol...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Anything available in the US is available here, but at double the cost. I know, I asked. I let the dealer install my springs for two reasons. They do the job correctly, but at a higher price and two, I purchased an extended warranty that's good to 160,000km. It's basically scratching each other back. The only thing I remove when going in is the timing box.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats part of the reason I like the RRM one.. seems way easier to remove if I need to than the Mopar or Injen one. The dealer told me it was not order able, and to check back "everyday"..meh! I don't mind going to Maranello even though its a bit further from me, if I know they won't give me a hard time. This is probably the only mod I want to do anyways.. I am flirting with the idea of doing the exhaust at some point, but all of the ones I see really sound too 18-yr old Civic-y for this 27-year old girl lol

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I may be up in Woodbridge next weekend or after that if you want to see or hear mine. I can take you for a spin also, if you want to feel the difference.

·
Registered
765 Posts
... I am flirting with the idea of doing the exhaust at some point, but all of the ones I see really sound too 18-yr old Civic-y for this 27-year old girl lol
A muffler only exhaust change (leaving the resonator in place...and the pipe is more than large enough so changing that is throwing $$$ away) can give you a very nice change in the tone without any crazy/rice sounds. I would suggest that if you do get an exhaust that you just have a local shop pop on a Magnaflow or equivalent. All the pre-packaged axle back kits I see are 2.5-5 times more expensive that just having a shop do a swap out for you (including all labor).

The intake will make more noise (under heavy acceleration) than the muffler :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
After going straight pipe, I find my torque curve has changed. The intake alone was causing wheel spin. Now with the straight pipe, the car pulls harder in the top end. Guess that's why all the dyno sheets shown on here with that combo start after 2000 rpm.

I also find the car is running rich judging by the black exhaust tip.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I may be up in Woodbridge next weekend or after that if you want to see or hear mine. I can take you for a spin also, if you want to feel the difference.
Do you guys have any sort of Toronto based monthly meet set up? Or anything of the sort? I'd like to come out and see your vehicles if I'm welcomed. :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Do you guys have any sort of Toronto based monthly meet set up? Or anything of the sort? I'd like to come out and see your vehicles if I'm welcomed. :)
I'm not aware of one, but I might be meeting up with Grigio500 at Daytona auto at the same time and can let you know if it happens.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
This mini-meet sounds great! Count me in.

Probably too late but, I just found out Maranello Fiat is having a grand opening bash tomorrow night at 6:30, I believe a couple FIAT "big wigs" will be there as well as an engineer, hopefuly an Abarth too, I think its guest list

·
Registered
134 Posts
This mini-meet sounds great! Count me in.

Probably too late but, I just found out Maranello Fiat is having a grand opening bash tomorrow night at 6:30, I believe a couple FIAT "big wigs" will be there as well as an engineer, hopefuly an Abarth too, I think its guest list
Show up with your 500 and they will have to let you in! I am jealous

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Show up with your 500 and they will have to let you in! I am jealous
He got in. Posted on another topic. Fiat CEO was there. Very cool.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
If I had the 500 yesterday, I would have hung around for that. I would have looked like the grubbiest person there. Actually come to think of it, I had camera gear in my car so I could have posed as a media photographer,lol.
Oh, no worries.

I think it was impossible NOT to feel awkward, even for those who came out dressed in their best. Come to think of it, the most casual and relaxed people there were indeed the photographers and media. :p

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Note these dealers cannot by law give you a hard time about mods like intake etc.... They are selling the same bits but they are trying to intimidate customers to only use Mopar. FYI, there is a memo that got sent to dealers that seems to point to a violation of warranty related cases like MOSS vs. MAGNUSSEN Law and it borders on anti-trust issues from what we can tell. Again, this is what I am being told by dealers we are close with. I cannot quote the letter and I should not be quoted but you know what I mean. All I am saying is do not be intmidated by the dealers. They cannot void warranties unless the product can be PROVED (burden of proof is on them) that product caused harm to your engine. You guys have nothing to worry about. Quote MOSS/MAGNUSSEN and they will back off. Better yet, avoid issue or controntation by removing the items before going to the dealer. Intakes like ours take 15 minutes to swap. Call us if you have any concerns about these things and we will gladly help you out. We have been in bussiness for over 10 years so we know the law and we know how to deal with STEALERSHIPS. :)

ROAD/RACE

1 - 20 of 35 Posts