Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the first time I got my hands on the Key fob, I have a big questions.

This picture was taken from the top and you can see that key is coming outward from its side pocket.

Keychain Fashion accessory Car Vehicle Auto part

When I test drove the car for the first time, that car key was very defected and I could actually see the whole end of the key itself.

I chose the car (my car now) and looked at the both keys for defect and one of the keys were defect. I asked the studio and they got me a new set of key but they are not perfect either.

anyway, this key, I have used them since I got the car which is about month and half.
The key is starting to come out and I really dont like it.

Is anyone having this problem/ defected keys?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine looks like yours in the pic. The blade sticks out slightly. I switched to my other FOB because of that. Its such a small "issue" but it really bothered me. Maybe stupid but I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only reason why i am concerned about this as an defective item is that i have seen worst case senario of the keys. Key end actually came out and keeps getting caught on anything thats on the way...

That key was for me! Like i said earlier, they swiched the key for me but now i am affraid that all keys will eventually become like that..

·
Registered
181 Posts
both of my keys are like that and honestly, most will probably end up like that.
the only problem i have with my key fobs is that i have to be about 30ft away from the car to be able to lock and unlock it.
these things have absolutely no range.

·
Registered
588 Posts

This picture was taken from the top and you can see that key is coming outward from its side pocket.

View attachment 1893

When I test drove the car for the first time, that car key was very defected and I could actually see the whole end of the key itself.

I chose the car (my car now) and looked at the both keys for defect and one of the keys were defect. I asked the studio and they got me a new set of key but they are not perfect either.

anyway, this key, I have used them since I got the car which is about month and half.

Thanks!

Chris
Dear Chris: I'm sorry you're so unhappy with your key fob! I just looked at my 3-week old key fob and while it's not really tucked inside, neither is it very noticeably "out" like yours. Let me know if you want a pic, but it looks like MNeuman's.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Whatever happened to a regular old flipping key! Grrrr. This is crapeee techmonology improvement.

Right now, one of my FOBS does not lock the key in its extended position without pressing against the stop and watching the fiat button click up.

I get that these are not hi quality items and expect I will be breaking one soon.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I should be more clear, one of mine is fine as stated above, one isn't and looks about the same, doesn't bother me as I toy with it so much I am likely to break it from that rather than actual use, I think it was fine at one point but again, toying with it most likely left it looking the same as yours.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'd be happy with a regular cheap old key and a separate door lock remote...

·
Registered
825 Posts
As far as the range, it's a little dodgy for me in a busy parking lot, probably because there's a lot to get in the way, but with clear line of sight, I think it's really good.

We were staying in a Hampton Inn about a month after getting the car. We were in the 2nd floor corner room and had the car parked halfway down the lot, near the entrance. I noticed a couple checking it out and thought I'd have a little fun. So I pointed the key and hit the buttons, causing the locks to click and the lights to flash. The older couple looking in the windows we're hilarious. They did this little awkward contorted dance and sort of hopped/ran away from the car.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
its not nice to tease the amish elders...

·
Registered
588 Posts

View attachment 1893

Thanks!

Chris
Chris: I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I just got my hands on my friend's new VW Golf key fob. Hers appeared to be much better made, unfortunately. It's the same mechanism. There was a definitive snap to hers and it didn't seem like the key would ever stray from the slot (like yours is already doing). Our keys move even in the closed position; hers didn't move at all. Maybe hers will in time?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts