Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One my sport rims peeled a spot of
clear coat that was obviously not
from an impact. Dealer sent photos to Fiat for warranty and even told them does not look as if wheel was hit in any way.

Today it was denied! $)&@/$&&)&!!!!

The rim started to oxidize under te clear turned brown and
fell off. I even found another thread where people had same
type issue at same
mileage approx 8,000.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/archive/index.php/t-5002.html

In these cases they got a
new Rim! What gives!

I sent pm to FiatCares hope he can come through! I can't sleep!!!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
One my sport rims peeled a spot of
clear coat that was obviously not
from an impact. Dealer sent photos to Fiat for warranty and even told them does not look as if wheel was hit in any way.

Today it was denied! $)&@/$&&)&!!!!

The rim started to oxidize under te clear turned brown and
fell off. I even found another thread where people had same
type issue at same
mileage approx 8,000.

In these cases they got a
new Rim! What gives!

I sent pm to FiatCares hope he can come through! I can't sleep!!!

Sent from my Argento 500
Did they list a reason or just blindly deny it? From what I saw in your pics that is complete bullshit!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They said had
to be caused by impact!

Sure that's why it bubbled and turned brown FROM IMPACT!!!

Not a single scratch on the wheel!

I have faith FiatCares can fix this!!

here's a link I found of others had same problem and got it
replaced.

Sent from my Argento 500

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Impact? Did they actually look at the pic?????

·
Registered
513 Posts
Funny you should post this today...at my last visit, 3 weeks ago, I showed my rims to the service guy and he took pics and said he has to send them to FIAT for approval to replace. 2 of mine are peeling. I hadn't heard anything so I called and got a voicemail. No return call but I will try again in the morning. I will post what they say as soon as I know.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was funny the service rep said he could try submit again?? That sound like a weird thing to say.

I hope u don't get the same answer.

A bubbling clear coat is not caused by impact!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
513 Posts
Was funny the service rep said he could try submit again?? That sound like a weird thing to say.

I hope u don't get the same answer.

A bubbling clear coat is not caused by impact!

Sent from my Argento 500
If they deny mine I will be more than furious! I have 2 on different sides of the vehicle. I have never hit a curb or anything! I was told I would have an answer in a week and 3 weeks later still waiting....I don't get it. I was really upset at 6 today when it dawned on me they didn't call me back. I may just talk to the service manager tomorrow. Now I'm mad...they better not deny it!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
These are my rims. I have several spots on each and a couple spots are still just bubbles. A sure sign it's not curb rash

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Don't think it really matters but mine are both rear wheels. They need to realize it's a issue and not just one person. FIAT has to step up and fix the problem.

Hopefully FIATCares can help us out.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
These are my rims. I have several spots on each and a couple spots are still just bubbles. A sure sign it's not curb rash
Your wheels look really bad compared to Fiat49 wheels. His looked like a rock chip started his bubble. What the h*ll caused that on yours. Rock chips. Bad clear coat paint. They look like our 13 year old Accord wheels. Sorry.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Honda replaced our wheels like that on our Fit.
No questions ask. 3 years later, they peeled again. Even if Fiat replaced the wheels, most likely they do it again. I've never ever had polished alloy's not peel. Fiat should sort ulp to the plate with this issue.
If it wants to sell cars here.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Talked to service today and mine were APPROVED!!! They even have the rims in all I have to do is make an appt. Now the trick is finding time to make the day trip.....

Let me know what you find out FIAT49.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Your wheels look really bad compared to Fiat49 wheels. His looked like a rock chip started his bubble. What the h*ll caused that on yours. Rock chips. Bad clear coat paint. They look like our 13 year old Accord wheels. Sorry.
I agree mine are really bad. I noticed it mid winter but it started out looking like a dirty spot. Then when I did a good cleaning on the car I noticed it was actually peeling. Just glad the are taking care of it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts