Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my home today as I headed to my last business stop I drove by Fiat of Concord, CA and I got to test drive a Fiat 500. It more than made my day. The car was quieter than my 2007 Passat on the open road. I'm very picky about road noise and I was VERY impressed with such a small car. Then I listened to my voice mail and I had one from Fiat customer service wanting to confirm my delivery dealer. I called back and spoke with a Laura at the 888 number. I wonder if it could have been Laura Soave because her voice was VERY familar. We talked at length because we changed the already set up Fiat of Fremont, CA close to my zip code of my work credit card I used for the reservation and set up my local Fiat of North Sacramento Studio closer to home. Very easy to do and they were VERY helpful to make sure the prosess was done. I was told to expect a call from the dealer in the next two weeks. I was told that delivery would be no more than 21 days out tops.

Talk about a GREAT DAY!

I'm so excited it will be hard to sleep

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling. I got my call yesterday to say Red #183 is going to go to Concord and I should expect a call from them to iron out the details.

I did not know that they had a test drive car available in Concord. I need to take a spin in one of these things.

After reading up on it a lot I have determined that the red ones are the fastest.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know the feeling. I got my call yesterday to say Red #183 is going to go to Concord and I should expect a call from them to iron out the details.

I did not know that they had a test drive car available in Concord. I need to take a spin in one of these things.

After reading up on it a lot I have determined that the red ones are the fastest.
Fiat of Concord's car is...........RED!

Have fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Strangely enough, I have two VMs from yesterday from Fiat. But I have been unable to check them until today.

I have to call them back first thing tomorrow morning. :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess they are getting around to calling all of the PE owners. I am anxious to hear from Fiat of Concord and see what the OTD price of this little beast will be.:confused:
The price was set by Fiat $19,500 plus tax and title. Don't let them pack the price they are NOT supposed to do it.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah I agree. But I would be really surprised if they don't try to add dealer cheater fess on top of that. THAT will be a deal killer for me. And a really bad way for Fiat to get started in North America.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am looking at the invoice of another new car I bought a couple years ago in California.

1. Sales tax: $x
2. DMV electronic filing fee: $28
3. CA tire fees : $8.75
4. Doc preparation fee : $55
5. Lic Fees : $163 (estimated)

I think at one pt I received a refund from the dealer for over-estimating the lic fee. Wasn't much.

Then of course there were a plethora of additional services like wheel damage insurance, anti-rust, paint protection, and some other junk which I refused.

edit: IMO, the doc preparation fee can be atrociously high.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
The price we are paying where I ordered is base price + $500 delivery + options. My options equal zero. 16,000 USD. This sale price will be reported to the state for the purpose of calculating fees and tax.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thoughts...

Yeah I agree. But I would be really surprised if they don't try to add dealer cheater fess on top of that. THAT will be a deal killer for me. And a really bad way for Fiat to get started in North America.
It does seem as though some dealers are a bit more excited about Fiat than others and could be a bad thing for Fiat.

The Fiat brand has been out of the US but their high end cars Ferrari Maserati have been here all along.

I think the rank and file Chrysler dealers are feeling Fiat has been forced on them.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I don't know anything about PE number. I am getting the basic Pop with no extra cost options. You can change options like seat color at no cost. The sales person was connected to Fiat's online ordering system. I didn't try to look at the screen, because everything was going according to how they said on the Fiat 500 website. You should be able to get the exact same price as the online tool, plus $500 delivery fee. The website states there is a delivery fee. So there should be no surprises from the dealer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Andy: Sounds like you got a good deal on a POP. It is right in line with their 'no haggle' pricing. Actually, I would think this is quite a value if you can stay away from the options. The PE only comes in one flavor and it is somewhere between a Sport and a Lounge with a few extra stripes and the early buyer penalty. The other side is that being one of the first Fiats in North America it will somehow have collector value but I don't subscribe to that theory.

Joe: I can see how Chrylser would feel put upon by Fiat but their other choice was being owned by the unions like GM, so I am not sure there was much of a choice. Maybe if they had made better business decisions .....

Joe: I am still not clear whether this Fiat will be sold and serviced by Chrysler dealers-which would seem like the obvious choice. However, if this is the case, why can't I get my PE 183 picked up at my local Chrysler dealer? I suppose it will sort itself out as time goes on. I am more concerned with getting this puppy then worrying about the details.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
The PE number didn't click at first. It is abundantly clear they are charging you the Lounge price. This itself seems fair, because you are getting some things that can't even be had with a regular lounge model. I don't trust auto dealers, the absolute best I could say is the honest ones are a minority, but even that is stretching it.

As far as the question, who will be servicing your car, don't kid yourself. If Mr. Fox builds a brand new henhouse, unconnected with his Chrysler den, well, then, who is running the henhouse? The actual service will be performed by human hands, all we can hope for is that they have adequate training.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Joe: I am still not clear whether this Fiat will be sold and serviced by Chrysler dealers-which would seem like the obvious choice. However, if this is the case, why can't I get my PE 183 picked up at my local Chrysler dealer? I suppose it will sort itself out as time goes on. I am more concerned with getting this puppy then worrying about the details.
My guess is that right now not every Chrysler dealership is willing to pay for the expenses for the techs to be trained by Fiat.

The dealerships that are also Fiat Studios will of course have trained Fiat techs.

However...that said. I have seen Chrysler owners dropping off their cars for service at a couple of local MB dealerships...for the obvious past relationship. From what I heard, most MB techs know how to work on Chryslers. Some of which are trained to work on the Smart as well.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Answers...

Have you been to Fiat of Concord yet? It shares the same lot as the Lithia Chrysler Dealer. The extra building used to be Iszuzu and it is now undergoing renovations. You will take delivery of #183 there. I on the other hand have to pick my car up at the Chrysler dealer that owns the Fiat Studio in Sacramento. They will be in a temp location while building a brand new facility.

You should send me a PM and if you want we could hook up for lunch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have not been to Fiat of Concord mostly because they have not called me and I could not pull up a number or address for them. Now that I know they are at Lithia Chrysler I will go there and have a look around.

I live in Wrinkle Ranch in Manteca so I am not very familiar with Concord. (Wrinkle Ranch=Del Webb retirement community north of Manteca) I could have taken delivery just as easily in Sacramento since I am much more familiar with that area having lived in Fair Oaks for a dozen years and Granite Bay for 15.

While I am sure it will all work out, I find the lack of available information and communication on this car a little disconcerting. I have learned more and kept up with breaking developments on this web site.

Thanks for the tip and if the weather holds I am off to Concord today-Saturday.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have not been to Fiat of Concord mostly because they have not called me and I could not pull up a number or address for them. Now that I know they are at Lithia Chrysler I will go there and have a look around.

I live in Wrinkle Ranch in Manteca so I am not very familiar with Concord. (Wrinkle Ranch=Del Webb retirement community north of Manteca) I could have taken delivery just as easily in Sacramento since I am much more familiar with that area having lived in Fair Oaks for a dozen years and Granite Bay for 15.

While I am sure it will all work out, I find the lack of available information and communication on this car a little disconcerting. I have learned more and kept up with breaking developments on this web site.

Thanks for the tip and if the weather holds I am off to Concord today-Saturday.
Glad to be of help. This will help as well: http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/ it is where I found this forum.

You can call the toll free number and have the location for your pick-up changed to Fiat of North Sacramento. In fact if you do it quickly both of our cars might show up at the same time. Two on one truck might be easier for them to ship. The Chrysler dealer in Sacramento that owns Fiat of North Sacramento is Carlos Hildalgo from Folsom Lake Dodge near the Folsom Outlet Mall.

So did you make it to Concord? They are a lot closer to opening than Sacramento. I'm going out to Folsom tomorrow to see what information I can scare up.

Dave

·
Registered
99 Posts
No I did not make it to Concord. I called there and could not get in touch with the Fiat guy. Left a message and never heard back. I was not going to drive 70 miles and find out he was not available. Maybe I will have more luck during the week when things are quieter.

I will try to get my dealer changed to Sacramento just because it is easier for me to get there. As for delivery, I was going to try to have them drop it off at my house. I belong to a car club here and they would get a kick out of seeing that done. We don't have a lot to do for excitement here. I think they made the offer to drop it off at one's home someone along the way.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I did not make it to Concord. I called there and could not get in touch with the Fiat guy. Left a message and never heard back. I was not going to drive 70 miles and find out he was not available. Maybe I will have more luck during the week when things are quieter.

I will try to get my dealer changed to Sacramento just because it is easier for me to get there. As for delivery, I was going to try to have them drop it off at my house. I belong to a car club here and they would get a kick out of seeing that done. We don't have a lot to do for excitement here. I think they made the offer to drop it off at one's home someone along the way.
The club thing would be fun. As for Fiat of Concord the "Fiat" guy was not there because he was at training. I just went by because I was there and once they found out I was a Prima owner they offered to let me test out the car. I taught the salesman plenty. I hope the "home" delivery works out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts