Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting the run-around on delivery delays? I special-ordered my machine, and have been waiting ~60 days. The dealership tells me it's completed but on a shipping hold.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ordered mine on June 14th. was told by my FIAT Studio, O'Brien FIAT of Greenwood (IN), that it would be 30-45 days until it's delivered to me.

the next week I called FIAT USA and they confirmed my car was in 'pre-production'. my FIAT Studio told me they had received the 'shipper' on my car and it showed an estimated ship date of 7/8/11.

last week I called FIAT USA and the rep there told me my car was 'in production' and now has a 'ship date' of 7/7/11. :D

I'm hoping the train leaves Toluca on the 7th and maybe ALL of our cars will be on it! :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
ordered mine on June 14th. was told by my FIAT Studio, O'Brien FIAT of Greenwood (IN), that it would be 30-45 days until it's delivered to me.

the next week I called FIAT USA and they confirmed my car was in 'pre-production'. my FIAT Studio told me they had received the 'shipper' on my car and it showed an estimated ship date of 7/8/11.

last week I called FIAT USA and the rep there told me my car was 'in production' and now has a 'ship date' of 7/7/11. :D

I'm hoping the train leaves Toluca on the 7th and maybe ALL of our cars will be on it! :)
That's likely not including the delay incurred at Customs...I've heard it takes twice as long to clear customs as it does for actual production.

Maybe they've cleared up those issues but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm hoping mine does not have any delays. I'm trying to get it modified in time before the Concorso Italiano at Pebble Beach

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, the customs-delay is brutal. Our 500C has been stuck in customs now for over a month. We expect news today as the "hold" appears to be lifting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
got word today from my dealer that "Gumby" was built on 7/4 and will ship this week. ETA to me is sometime by the end of the month.

sorry for your delay. just curious, but what did you order? what options and colors? maybe one of your options is holding it up? did your dealer give you a VIN yet?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Ordered my Sport on May 15th and the Memphis dealer has no idea when it might arrive. It has been out of production for some time sitting somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
why delay in coutoms.

Way back in Feb, 2000 I ordered a PT Cruiser. Took forever to build it. But once it left the factory that where no delays.
Wait a year and 10 days for the PT.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ordered my 500 Sport on June 14th. it was built July 4th and was scheduled to ship on July 5th. on my dealer website, it shows my car 'in transit' now. of course there's no way of telling how long it will take to get from Toluca to Indy, but I guess I'll find out!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bah, humbug. I ordered May 29th. current status shipped to storage. :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, must be nice to be able to order a 5 speed Lounge. Were you able to get auto climate too?
The ATC is part and parcel of all Lounges. But yes, it is nice to be able to get a fully loaded 500 with the manual instead of adding all to a pop. Maybe they think Canadians prefer manuals? More likely, it's their way to charge us more for the cars, while keeping the MSRP similar (despite the fact that the C$ is worth more than the US$ these days. Leather is included in ours, but our PDI is $1400, and we have to pay for our own oil changes under warranty here.

The amazing thing is that while we do pay more to get less on the Fiat, I consider it being almost at par, since almost every other carmaker charges huge premiums here. So, I have to consider my lounge a bargain at $10k less than a comparable Mini. The funny thing is, I'm not a flashy guy and would typically consider chrome tacky, and prefer good cloth seats to leather that will overheat in the sun, but they just suit this retro car perfectly.

Of course, it would be even nicer if I had it THIS summer...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh man, I ordered mine on June 15th so I'll be lucky to see it by the end of August. I should probably be looking closer to the first week or so of September. I'm the most impatient person I know, but what can ya do?

D.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts