Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the studio said "March," I just assumed that meant "March 31stormaybeApril" ... has anyone else heard anything different? Like are the really aiming to be shipping them in volume for march deliveries?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
standard 500s or the Abarth?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My dealer expects to see their Abarth in June/July.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer is expecting their demo unit in late Feb/early March. They are smart and don't make any other claims on when mine will be here, because no one really knows yet......

Orders should be officially opening up soon. Then we will know. But right now it's all guesses.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Mine said March 1st - 5th.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dealer demo abarths should be in late march april. Customer cars wont hit ground until june-july

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That'd be a bummer - is that based on direct info? Seems odd that they'd slip that much from their announcement two weeks ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dealer demo abarths should be in late march april. Customer cars wont hit ground until june-july
My dealer told me the same thing while I was buying my Sport.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just put in my order today. I'm first and they are stacking them to go in en mass when actual ordering opens in a week or so.

The Studio manager said he expected the demo to come in March and regular orders to start coming in late April/early May. These variations from different dealers tells me that they just don't know.

If they do get pushed April-June timeframe, that's very, very late to launch them as 2012 vice 2013 models.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeed - I'm sure things will solidify over the next couple weeks. My dealer is still saying their demo will arrive in three weeks, with the first 10 customer cars in march. But who knows, eh? I'm sure we'll all be the first ones to hear.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just put in my order today. I'm first and they are stacking them to go in en mass when actual ordering opens in a week or so.

The Studio manager said he expected the demo to come in March and regular orders to start coming in late April/early May. These variations from different dealers tells me that they just don't know.

If they do get pushed April-June timeframe, that's very, very late to launch them as 2012 vice 2013 models.

Cheers
I just try and avoid getting peoples hopes up for nothing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I placed my initial $500 deposit in early January for the Abarth, and another $2000 in late January together with my specs. I'm finding this lack of information on when the orders will go in and when delivery will take place, to be quite frustrating. It seems that nobody knows anything, and for the life of me, I just can't figure out why Fiat is doing it this way. This lack of knowledge is not just on the orders. I had a question concerning whether the TomTom navigation had live services. The dealer said yes, but it would come through the Sirrius radio, which I believe to be false since TomTom has their own system for live services. I Called Fiat and they don't even know, but said they would get back to me - that was three weeks ago! I called TomTom, and they don't even know what model they sold to Fiat U.S.A! For now- the waiting game, but I'll be pretty pissed if the car arrives in June as 2012's!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Received a note from my Studio manager today that they are expecting to see their Abarth arriving late March or Early April. Received a VIN for mine so that is a good sign!

·
Registered
376 Posts
My salesman at Tacoma Fiat said that they were told to expect the first Abarth 500 in March. They received that update last week. He seemed pretty sure of his facts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Received a note from my Studio manager today that they are expecting to see their Abarth arriving late March or Early April. Received a VIN for mine so that is a good sign!
Only dealer demo cars have been ordered. No other orders are allowed to be entered. Is your dealer selling you their demo? Because only those VINs have been released. Dealer demo cars will be in late march early april.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, I'm purchasing the demo the dealer is receiving.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, I'm purchasing the demo the dealer is receiving.
You're actually happy to take a demo that a number of other drivers are going to test drive? With a car like the Abarth you know that everyone that will test drive it will push the car pretty hard even with a cold engine. I've waited this long for an Abarth I'm happy to wait longer if it meant I get an un-abused car. My opinion of course.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You're actually happy to take a demo that a number of other drivers are going to test drive? With a car like the Abarth you know that everyone that will test drive it will push the car pretty hard even with a cold engine. I've waited this long for an Abarth I'm happy to wait longer if it meant I get an un-abused car. My opinion of course.
Hi RobR,

From much info in forum postings as well as from my local studio, initially there will be a single Abarth (Nero color) to be delivered to each studio (there will be only ONE for each; orders and inventory will not ship until later) and it is being referred to as their "demo". Nonetheless, each dealer has the right to sell it immediately without using it as a demo or to keep it for prospective buyers to drive. A large majority of forum posters indicate that their local dealer intents to sell it immediately. My local dealer intends to do that too.

Cheers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with abarth ago. I think most dealers will sell the demo units immediately. I know that is what my dealer is doing. He is getting to Nero fully loaded Abarth's. Both are already promised and sold to customers.

yul

1 - 20 of 49 Posts